Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air from Icon is too hot.
RE: Air from Icon is too hot.
Applying the KISS principle, does turning down the humidifier help??

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2014, 10:52 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Applying the KISS principle, does turning down the humidifier help??

With the Icons, to get the massive amount of humidity they can throw out, they are quite warm....especially with the boost up to 2 or 3. Although my wife and I have similar settings pressure-wise, her Icon feels like breathing a sauna compared to my S9 when both are cranked to max temp and humidity.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The temperature is set on the main menu. It is referred to as a humidity setting but it varyies the temp. The symbol that is displayed lok like a temperature gauge to me. It's that dam setting that pops up when you reach for the center dial button in the middle of the night to turn the blower off and hit the outer dial ring instead and change the humidity settingThinking-about.
I ran a setting of 6 all winter but this spring I had to change it to 2 because it was getting too hot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2014, 10:52 PM)zonk Wrote: According to F&P, decrease humidity setting if CPAP air feels too hot

Something I do each night and may be of help is: Before donning my mask, I switch the Icon on and let it run for about 30 secs then turn it off. This purges stale & warm air out of the top chamber and from the hose, making the air more pleasant to inhale. My humidity is set to 5 and I use the heated hose. I don't seem to have a problem with hot air, but of course it's Winter here.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2014, 05:10 PM)woozie38 Wrote: Before donning my mask, I switch the Icon on and let it run for about 30 secs then turn it off. This purges stale & warm air out of the top chamber and from the hose, making the air more pleasant to inhale.
Does this practice affect the leak data, etc. reported by Sleepyhead?

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2014, 07:45 PM)JimZZZ Wrote: Does this practice affect the leak data, etc. reported by Sleepyhead?
It doesn't show in SH leaks data, but that's because I turn it off after about 30 secs. Seems like that doesn't cause a record on the memory stick. That could be because of a statement in the software banning short sequences. To better seat the mask I re-start my Icon before putting the mask on. This causes the membrane to "puff" out and effect better contact with my face. This doesn't seem to appear in SH data either.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,315 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 849 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,586 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 363 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 615 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] F & P ICON removing re-inserting hose elbow gofinn 3 1,350 07-16-2020, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Icon Premo not recording data Veracityau 4 1,793 12-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: jonnycashsystem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.