Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air in stomach after using cpap
RE: Air in stomach after using cpap
You're not missing the point. Your minimum pressure for EPAP is 4.0 cm. If we want to avoid "spikes" near 8.0/5.0, then simply set your maximum pressure to 7.0. You will basically get fixed CPAP pressure at 7.0/4.0, and there is nothing wrong with that given your event profile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, my advice would be to stick with your current settings, let the aerophagia dwindle and see if you can reduce the leaks. Give it a couple of weeks and then you can see how you feel. I hope it'll go well; let us know, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2019, 08:10 PM)Dormeo Wrote: For what it's worth, my advice would be to stick with your current settings, let the aerophagia dwindle and see if you can reduce the leaks.  Give it a couple of weeks and then you can see how you feel.  I hope it'll go well; let us know, would you?

I have no idea where the need for higher pressure came from, because this thread started at 4-20 and went to 5-7.6.  Higher pressure has not proven necessary, and is clearly uncomfortable, and I think we are heading the other direction.  My suggestion is to back it down to a maximum 7.0 which will produce steady fixed pressure. Please look at this chart and tell me what you think justifies higher pressure?  My objective is to maintain constant pressure and find out if 7/4 pressure is tolerable, and produces at least equal results.  If not, the plan might be 6/4.  Since you think it's all good to power thrugh the aerophagia, please explain your rationale.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16180]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I meant the OP should stick with the 5 to 7.6 settings. I was disagreeing with the previous post, which had seemed to suggest switching to a bi-level machine in order to address flow limitations, which I assumed would mean changing the settings. Sorry for the confusion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2019, 09:14 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I meant the OP should stick with the 5 to 7.6 settings.  I was disagreeing with the previous post, which had seemed to suggest switching to a bi-level machine in order to address flow limitations, which I assumed would mean changing the settings.  Sorry for the confusion.

I sometimes find it difficult to follow from thread to thread as well. I was hearing that the aerophagia problem was happening as pressure approached 8-cm, and I sometimes just move towards a fixed pressure as things get to this point where problems occur with minor changes in auto-pressure.  The 5-7.6 could eventually work, but since that results in almost fixed EPAP, I thought we'd just try for fixed pressure at 7/4, and move lower if needed.  The confusion was probably mine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Numbers are good, your pressure is way below 15, and your PS is 2.6.  These numbers are easily handled by an AutoSet.  
To get into a BiLevel you would need to show PS of 3 that can be done and the fact that it is not working for you.  You need to show something like the Flow Limits are disturbing your sleep so you have a reason to make the change.  Thus the How do you feel? question.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2019, 09:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 09:14 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I meant the OP should stick with the 5 to 7.6 settings.  I was disagreeing with the previous post, which had seemed to suggest switching to a bi-level machine in order to address flow limitations, which I assumed would mean changing the settings.  Sorry for the confusion.

I sometimes find it difficult to follow from thread to thread as well. I was hearing that the aerophagia problem was happening as pressure approached 8-cm, and I sometimes just move towards a fixed pressure as things get to this point where problems occur with minor changes in auto-pressure.  The 5-7.6 could eventually work, but since that results in almost fixed EPAP, I thought we'd just try for fixed pressure at 7/4, and move lower if needed.  The confusion was probably mine.

Let me try to clarify....
I think SR meant to question the OP’s statement in post #10 where he wondered if he should raise his pressure in response to a mper6792 post.  Dormeo responded that she thought he should not raise pressure or keep the same for awhile.

OP’s question:
“I am wondering if my spikes up towards 8 mean that I should increase pressure from 5-7.6 to 9 or 10 - but I do feel that 10 feels like to much airforce into my lungs, like they are involuntarily expanding beyong my comfort level. Too me that reads like the opening or access through my airpipes is not constricted enough to warrant this pressure (doesnt seem like this is considered very high pressure, but this would depend on how tight the air passage is I suppose?).”
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note to self: use quotations! Censor, I'm eager to hear how it's going.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2019, 09:17 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Note to self:  use quotations!   Censor, I'm eager to hear how it's going.

Alternate, you can "Reply with Quote". That would look like this post.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2019, 09:40 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:17 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Note to self:  use quotations!   Censor, I'm eager to hear how it's going.

Alternate, you can "Reply with Quote". That would look like this post.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,154 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Leaks and mask displacement for side-to-stomach sleepers. Tape down nasal pillows? Bostonsnow 0 635 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 574 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do? exchanged 6 758 05-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Air in my stomach Old Bert 64 3,844 11-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Old Bert
  Does sleeping on your stomach prevent Apnea? WWu777 7 1,703 08-17-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  Air pushed into stomach Jimboiii 1 596 07-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.