Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air leak into mouth-- "Chipmunk Cheeks"
RE: Air leak into mouth-- "Chipmunk Cheeks"
You are not alone. I am still fighting chipmunk cheeks and motorboat mouth after 6 months months and Many Expensive masks. I wish all of us chipmunks a solution. As I have said in the past I am to the point of building my own mask. When I get the process to a repeatable build method will share here.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
The doctor's remote pressure change from 11 to 12 didn't work--I had an error message on my machine when I got home and it was still on 11. He did have me turn up the humidity to 4 from 3. I did the tongue-on-the-roof-of
mouth trick and it did work last night--practiced it for about 10 minutes before going to sleep. I had discovered that previously by accident when waking up and thinking my mouth was glued shut, but hadn't figured out how to do it! Had the best sleep last night that I've had in a month--usage over 8 hours and I don't remember waking up at all--it sometimes takes me 2 hours to get to sleep. No dry mouth problem--no sips of water during the night. I am going to get a chin strap next week.

How do you turn off the C-Flex? Can change numbers--don't see an on or off selection.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can turn C Flex off in Clininians menu, and make pressure changes there.
You can request the manual for your machine. See link at top of page for manuals.

In the meantime, hold down the round knob and the arrow button at the same time till you hear a beep. Go to setup to make changes. Turn knob to scroll down to Flex type...set to None. Exit out when done. Wink

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll need to access the clinician's menu to turn off C-flex.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 07:10 AM)OpalRose Wrote: You can turn C Flex off in Clininians menu, and make pressure changes there.
You can request the manual for your machine. See link at top of page for manuals.

In the meantime, hold down the round knob and the arrow button at the same time till you hear a beep. Go to setup to make changes. Turn knob to scroll down to Flex type...set to None. Exit out when done. Wink

Thank you! I had been exploring the posts on how to get into the clinicians menu and figured that was it--I also have to change pressure settings there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2015, 10:16 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, the extra gear to put on can be a major PITA. But so is finding the right FFM. As someone who went through that, I urge folks to find other solutions first. The "chipmunk cheek" problem is fixable.

Hi, you say above that the "chipmunk cheek" problem is fixable. How? I've been on CPAP for 5 years and only started doing this a year ago. Different masks (nasal, DreamWear) haven't made a different. I feel like my pressure is too high. Could it be that I need less pressure than I used to? I don't know how to work with the computer program to read my results.

Post Reply Post Reply
Colorlady,
You are using a fairly wide pressure range. You won't know what your optimal pressure settings should be without using software and monitoring your data.

Download Sleepyhead Software, then let us know what your AHI is, your 95% and medium pressure, also leak rate.
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was getting lip leak/chipmunk cheeks a lot on the Airfit P10, for some reason the Nuance seems to have less pressure and doesn't push through the nose/mouth connection. Even though I've turned up my pressure to 8-15 variable from stock 8.

I WAS maybe more stuffed up before, may have affected it.

I'm glad, duct tape would really stick to my facial hair Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 40 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 385 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 319 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.