Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air mini dc adapter poorly designed
Air mini dc adapter poorly designed
I have a lithium computer power supply that will last 5 nights at 8 pressure setting on my resmed 10 for her with no  humidifier using the resmed dc adapter. I wanted something smaller for traveling and camping, so I purchased the AirMi while nosier, with some adapations to the mask, I liked it enough to keep it and purchased the dc adapter for camping. Big mistake. The adapater only allows one night on the battery! Still d and talked to the dme and they called resmed. Apparently this us how it is designed. No more than one night no matter the size of the battery. It is ridiculous, but true.  completely fu
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air mini dc adapter poorly designed
I assume you obtained the Resmed 12V to 24V DC-DC adapter 37297 and not an inverter for AC power?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
HWell, yes. That is why I said resmed dc adapter. That I paid $89 for. Not inverter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2019, 11:11 PM)Jeanpgene Wrote: ... Apparently this us how it is designed. No more than one night no matter the size of the battery. ...

I don't know what's happening with your setup, but this just isn't how electricity works. According to the ResMed Battery Guide the AirMini takes about half the power at 20 cwp vs the AirSense 10 AutoSet for example (no heated tube or humidification).

I'm curious exactly which battery you have and the settings you use on the AirMini, but if you search for the ResMed Battery Guide you can see power requirements there and verify your battery is actually big enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
If all you bought was the power cord/brick (and not a battery) it will run your machine for however long your battery will last, which is a function of it's size (Ah rating). Bigger battery, longer time.

Someone's pulling your leg.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 136 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 749 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,421 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
Question BMC Mini M1 - Pressure Settings? SwissTruffle 0 357 12-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SwissTruffle
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 670 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  New to Air Mini-I need advice! tj1616 0 402 10-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,042 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.