Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Stickyness" Gone
"Stickyness" Gone
My Quattro air head straps come undone during the night because the straps have lost their stickyness. My pressure is around 12 when this happens. It has come flying off a couple of times and woke me up.
Any suggestions? Oh, and it is too early for replacement according to my DME.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Stickyness" Gone
(01-05-2014, 09:01 AM)Lukie Wrote: My Quattro air head straps come undone during the night because the straps have lost their stickyness. My pressure is around 12 when this happens. It has come flying off a couple of times and woke me up.
Any suggestions? Oh, and it is too early for replacement according to my DME.

mine did that with the Quattro fx and that is one of the reasons that I quit using resmed masks. try adding new Velcro to it is all I can think of or sew it down and pull it off over your head. it may be harder to do that depending on the headgear that comes with the Quattro air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi: Depends on what is causing them not to stick. There are quite a few solutions when you google the question- here is one:

To fix Velcro that has lost the power to hold, use a brush with dense bristles. This will fluff the loops up to help grab onto the hook side of the Velcro. You can also remove any lint and threads from the hook side.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Phillips head gear that sort of fits the Quattro air but I was fighting leaks so I switched to
the quattro FX for the rest of the night still fighting leaks. I think I will get another brand of mask next time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
I know what you mean. I have had the same trouble, particularly with the newer mask headgear.
I'll have to try the trick with the brush to see if I can grab more life out of mine.
Good luck to you with fixing your headgear.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a ResMed univeral medium head strap to tide me over until I get a new mask from my insurance. It was $30 but anything is better than battling leaks all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey this board rocks! I did examine the velcro tips and noticed they had picked up quite a bit of lint, dog hair and cat hair. So I took some sticky packing tape and put it on the velcro tips to pull out the dog and cat hair and now I think that maybe they will hold. We shall see tonight if I have my sticky back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't used the Quattro Air yet, but it seems to me that another member a while back said that he was disappointed with the Air headgear because it was thin and flimsy, etc...said he fixed the problem by using F&P Eson headgear on his Quattro Air mask. He said the Eson headgear fit the Air perfectly.

It might be something worth checking into if you like the Air. I think Eson headgear only runs about $12.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2014, 08:56 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: I haven't used the Quattro Air yet, but it seems to me that another member a while back said that he was disappointed with the Air headgear because it was thin and flimsy, etc...said he fixed the problem by using F&P Eson headgear on his Quattro Air mask. He said the Eson headgear fit the Air perfectly.

It might be something worth checking into if you like the Air. I think Eson headgear only runs about $12.
Thanks. I will keep it in mind. I ordered a universal headgear strap from resmed on Amazon and more Remzees. I was also able to remove some of the pet hair mine had picked up so it may be okay. We'll see tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.