Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air sense 10 Elite vs Autoset.
RE: Air sense 10 Elite vs Autoset.
The Elite is a fine machine, and it sounds like you had a titration study???? and that is what the doc based the pressure of 10 on? If that is the case, the Elite is a great road to take IMO. As you said, if you fail CPAP, ASV is next. APAP is contraindicated in the presence of CA - especially if they are pressure induced.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 06:49 PM)DariaVader Wrote: The Elite is a fine machine, and it sounds like you had a titration study???? and that is what the doc based the pressure of 10 on? If that is the case, the Elite is a great road to take IMO. As you said, if you fail CPAP, ASV is next. APAP is contraindicated in the presence of CA - especially if they are pressure induced.

Thank you, yes, that is what the doctor said.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 10:52 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: I was wondering. It seems that I could manually do what the Autoset does if I am not in a hurry. Meaning, I could slowly adjust the various settings until I find the optimum for the best AHI results. It could takes months but I would think I could attain the same result.

Is there something I am missing?
Low AHI score is nice but there is more to waking up feeling refreshed than waking up with low AHI score
You could have snore or/and flow limitation events which could have detrimental effects on sleep quality with low AHI score

I believe, only the AutoSet on auto mode with the right settings can provide optimum results because it can deal with all types of respiratory events. As for central events, whenever the AutoSet detect central event, it does not treat it with rise in pressure, rather leave it alone

Of-course, this is only my opinion among many other opinions
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 07:36 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 10:52 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: I was wondering. It seems that I could manually do what the Autoset does if I am not in a hurry. Meaning, I could slowly adjust the various settings until I find the optimum for the best AHI results. It could takes months but I would think I could attain the same result.

Is there something I am missing?
Low AHI score is nice but there is more to waking up feeling refreshed than waking up with low AHI score
You could have snore or/and flow limitation events which could have detrimental effects on sleep quality with low AHI score

I believe, only the AutoSet on auto mode with the right settings can provide optimum results because it can deal with all types of respiratory events. As for central events, whenever the AutoSet detect central event, it does not treat it with rise in pressure, rather leave it alone

Of-course, this is only my opinion among many other opinions

Thank you for you reply, I appreciate it. I admit I was focusing on the obvious, the AHI, but you are right there are many other event/conditions and the industry/ResMed has had years to tweet their process.

Well, the good news is that I should probably not mess with the settings too much with out the doctors advice, at least during the compliance testing. So, that will give me more time to research and think about it.

Thanks
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
My concern about APAP vs CPAP is that my breathing events are not constant through the night. They seem to happen much more when I am dreaming. The AHI number everybody looks at is an average over the whole night. It seems to me that only an APAP can deal with this variation.

My first meeting with the DME is on Monday. In phone conversation the ResMed 10 AutoSet was discussed and I hope, after they have read the titration report, they don't try to stick me with an Elite, even though the Prescription mentions only a single pressure number.
Post Reply Post Reply
SnOOzeAlarm,
You might want to contact your Doctor. Unless he/she writes a script for an Auto Cpap, or actually writes a "pressure range" on the script, the DME will likely try to give you the lesser machine.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I wouldn't accept anything less than a data capable Auto Cpap.
The Elite is data capable, but is a straight pressure Cpap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 537 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.