Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air sense 10 climate line fault
Air sense 10 climate line fault
I have been using a new Airsense 10 auto set Cpap for a bit over 2months now and have had "climate line fault" warning message appear at least a dozen times. The disconnect / reconnect hose trick has worked every time so far. I've reported the problem to my DME supplier. They are replacing the climate line today to see if the fault is in the line or the machine before replacing the machine.

I am curious as to how many others have had this problem with this machine and how it was resolved?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air sense 10 climate line fault
Hi Breathetonight
I had the fault message once, unplugging did clear it up but did not happen again

I'm not sure what was the cause, maybe be some glitch or something, the S9 heated hose had problems in the early days but ResMed did replace the faulty tubes or/and the H5i humidifier but did manage to sort out the problem in later updated machines

Anyway, your machine have 2 years warranty, they can replace the heated tube or/and the machine as the humidifier of A10 is integrated

Best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on my third machine and fourth hose, just starting to get the message again. Dissconecting hose and reconecting helps. Some times there will be a X across the humifier wavy lines, and the humidifier wont work. Unhooking hose and reconecting till X is gone and should work that night. I like the machine but not the problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was "upgraded" from my Resmed Escape II last Nov to Airsense 10. Loved it until the first three months until this past month. Started getting the same climateline fault error message you mention even though I was NOT using climateline-was using slimline tubing. Sometimes it was not taking up water out of the humidifier and sometimes would take up some, but not at all like my old reliable Escape II. The therapist insisted I switch from slimline tube to the climateline tube. Still got error. Then she said to switch to new water chamber. Still got the error. She is ordering new unit. I am skeptical that new unit won't malfunction after a few months! I think there is a real bug in this. If it were a simple matter of clearing the message and the unit still working, wouldn't be such a deal, but the thing is--not taking up water--I was getting dry sores in my nose!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem with my airsense 10. I thought it was the hose so I switched to a new hose and I still get the same random climateline fault and dry mouth. I have disconnected the hose and reinserted, but it still randomly throws the fault. I am contacting the vendor tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement. Obviously they have an issue with the connector. Not sure why the changed it from the S9 model as that model had a nice twisting connector and I never had a fault with it in the almost 2 years I used it. Please keep me included in the updates with the issue and I will do the same.

Thx, Nick
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2015, 06:10 PM)SNSheffield Wrote: I was "upgraded" from my Resmed Escape II last Nov to Airsense 10. Loved it until the first three months until this past month. Started getting the same climateline fault error message you mention even though I was NOT using climateline-was using slimline tubing. Sometimes it was not taking up water out of the humidifier and sometimes would take up some, but not at all like my old reliable Escape II. The therapist insisted I switch from slimline tube to the climateline tube. Still got error. Then she said to switch to new water chamber. Still got the error. She is ordering new unit. I am skeptical that new unit won't malfunction after a few months! I think there is a real bug in this. If it were a simple matter of clearing the message and the unit still working, wouldn't be such a deal, but the thing is--not taking up water--I was getting dry sores in my nose!
Hi SNSheffield,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm sorry to hear that your machine is giving you trouble. Hopefully, the new one won't give you that anoying error message.
Much success to you in getting this straightened out and with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2015, 01:11 AM)necostanzo Wrote: I have the same problem with my airsense 10. I thought it was the hose so I switched to a new hose and I still get the same random climateline fault and dry mouth. I have disconnected the hose and reinserted, but it still randomly throws the fault. I am contacting the vendor tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement. Obviously they have an issue with the connector. Not sure why the changed it from the S9 model as that model had a nice twisting connector and I never had a fault with it in the almost 2 years I used it. Please keep me included in the updates with the issue and I will do the same.

Thx, Nick
Hi necostanzo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can get your new machine straightened out so you will have good therapy.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I talked to my supplier today and they are well aware of the climate line fault. I was told that Resmed has issued a software update that should have been sent to your device via its cellular modem. If your device continues to have the fault after the next couple of weeks, then you should probably replace the unit. Good luck to all. Nick
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
I just received a new ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV 10 days ago and when I checked my sleep report this morning, I got the climateline fault. I called the DME and was told disconnect the power and hose, wait a few minutes and reconnect the power and wait until I go to bed tonight before I plug the hose back in. If it should continue to show the climateline fault, unplug it again, try for a few days and then call back if it continues to show the climateline fault and then they would get me a new machine.
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
A follow up on my Resmed Airsence 10 Autoset saga. After a month or so of random climate line fault messages, my DME replaced the tubing which fixed nothing. In mid March my DME replaced the whole unit with a new one which they said was set up identically to the first. Whether it was or wasn't I don't know. The Climate line fault message was gone; but, the unit did not perform for me as well as the first unit as far as the Cpap function is concerned. It was noisy, seemed over pressured, caused frequent dry mouth, and pulsing effects; entirely unacceptable. We were traveling with it and as soon as we were back I raised these issues with my DME. They immediately replaced the unit with a third new unit. This unit has given me no problems and seems to have resolved all the issues I had with the other two units. I was eventually told that the climate line fault issue was a software issue that they got the fix for shortly after we swapped unit #1 for unit #2. It all makes me wonder about quality control and all that.

The larger message is: If you don't think your machine is working properly for any reason......politely raise the issue with your DME giving them a chance to resolve it. But don't settle for excuses and brushoff tactics. The units are too important and expensive.

breathetonight

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 608 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,354 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 359 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 906 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.