Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air sense S10 Autoset from US to Australia
Air sense S10 Autoset from US to Australia
I'm looking at upgrading from my old Resmed S8 and would like to buy an Airsense S10 Autoset online from the US.

I must confess I'm a bit of a cpap dummy, if I buy this model, does it automatically adjust by my breathing or do I need to set it up?

Also, would love to hear from anyone that has bought there machines online from overseas on their experiences. The price difference is amazing.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air sense S10 Autoset from US to Australia
G'day Ronnie.P, welcome to Apnea Board

Lots of our Australian members have imported machines from the USA to avoid paying Resmed's Australia tax. The Autoset will adjust pressures to suit your situation through the night, running as low as possible then jumping up if it detects apneas, hypopneas, vibratory snore or flow limitation. The machine can be set "wide open" with minimum pressure 4 and maximum pressure 20. But that won't give you optimum therapy and it's better to set a narrower range.

If you don't know your current pressure, get hold of the clinical manual for your S8 Elite and use it to determine what pressure you have. At the same time, get the clinical manual for your new machine. Resmed won't sell you these manuals but you can obtain then from the link at the top of this page. Just be careful to follow the instructions exactly and request the specific ones you need (there are hundreds to choose from).

When you get your new machine, set the minimum pressure a few cm below your current setting and the maximum a few cm above, and go from there. Also get hold of the SleepyHead software which will allow you to monitor your progress and optimise your settings.

CPAP machines are GST exempt in Australia but Border Farce will probably levy a handling fee of fifty or sixty dollars which you can pay at the post office when you pick it up.

Good to have you on the forum, and good luck with your new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you mean the Airsense 10 Autoset, then yes it will adjust the pressure automatically. That said, I think a little bit of reading on the forum would indicate to you that having it at 4-20cm is probably not advisable. Again, just a little bit of reading would not go astray.

The upside of getting from the US is it's much cheaper; the downside is any warranty claims will require you to send the unit back to the US as it has been reported that Resmed will not honour the warranty in Oz if the unit is bought overseas. Also, note that many US vendors will require a prescription for the sale which can be problematic as you don't need a prescription (or generally given one) in Australia.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ronni.p,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 06:38 PM)Dafod Wrote: If you mean the Airsense 10 Autoset, then yes it will adjust the pressure automatically. That said, I think a little bit of reading on the forum would indicate to you that having it at 4-20cm is probably not advisable. Again, just a little bit of reading would not go astray.

The upside of getting from the US is it's much cheaper; the downside is any warranty claims will require you to send the unit back to the US as it has been reported that Resmed will not honour the warranty in Oz if the unit is bought overseas. Also, note that many US vendors will require a prescription for the sale which can be problematic as you don't need a prescription (or generally given one) in Australia.

Good luck!

I got a resmed a10 from supplier 10 and no need fer a script, I believe suppler 2 doesn't require a script for os buyers either. HTH
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 05:48 PM)Ronni.p Wrote: I'm looking at upgrading from my old Resmed S8 and would like to buy an Airsense S10 Autoset online from the US.

I must confess I'm a bit of a cpap dummy, if I buy this model, does it automatically adjust by my breathing or do I need to set it up?

Also, would love to hear from anyone that has bought there machines online from overseas on their experiences. The price difference is amazing.

Thank you.
Hi Ronni.p
AirSense 10 AutoSet is an auto-adjusting machine, more like having a mini sleep study at home night after night. It adjust pressure up or down as needed throughout the night but the trick is set the pressure range to your prescribed pressure and not leave it at the default factory settings. Your machine S8 Elite is data capable machine report AHI and leak data, that will give an idea of the treatment data so you use the setting pressure as starting point when setting the new machine
As DB suggested, get hold of the clinical manual from here http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual (section threee) and the machine setup instruction available from section one. This video https://vimeo.com/19565675 might helps too

As for machines, I get mine and all the supplies include masks, cushions, hoses, water chambers, etc .. from US
Never had a problem with warranty issues but have a spare anyway YMMV

If you want to save some money, consider S9 AutoSet or even Phillips Respironcis Auto 560 (does have heated hose option just like the S9)
Supplier 2 and 10 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List ship to Australia, supplier 29 say on their site ship internationally, check with them, they have good deals on PRS1 Auto 560 and S9 AutoSet (pink version)
Post Reply Post Reply
I used supplier 8 no problems but took its time through customs (no fee though). As each order has a post handling fee buy extra filters and whatever else you need in one hit. Cost me 700 AUD as opposed to 2500 less medibanks so kind contribution of 500.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I decided to order the Autoset for Her from Supplier 10. After I placed my order I received an email to say it was out of stock, however they received stock within the week. It was shipped on Friday and I received it in Brisbane Australia today. That is just amazing. I had a phone call from FedEx on Saturday to say it had cleared customs and I had to pay the import duty ($83) before customs would release it. If Monday wasn't a public holiday it would have arrived yesterday.

Well I think I have set everything up correctly. I'm looking forward to seeing what my sleep report says tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2016, 05:28 AM)Ronni.p Wrote: Thanks everyone for your feedback. I decided to order the Autoset for Her from Supplier 10. After I placed my order I received an email to say it was out of stock, however they received stock within the week. It was shipped on Friday and I received it in Brisbane Australia today. That is just amazing. I had a phone call from FedEx on Saturday to say it had cleared customs and I had to pay the import duty ($83) before customs would release it. If Monday wasn't a public holiday it would have arrived yesterday.

Well I think I have set everything up correctly. I'm looking forward to seeing what my sleep report says tomorrow.

I didn't have any duty. Has something change ?
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no duty and CPAP are GST exempt. I suspect the $83 was the handling fee. It might be worth checking the paperwork to confirm they did not charge GST. If they did you should be able to claim a refund.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,255 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 223 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,462 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 335 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 167 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 891 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.