Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air sense S10 Autoset from US to Australia
RE: Air sense S10 Autoset from US to Australia
I've just had a look $50 was the import duty as the value was over $1000AU. I was expecting that charge as I had completed an import duty calculator online prior to making the purchase. $33 was an IQIS charge wish I wasn't expecting. When I googled it, it's a charge by the courier for Quarantine Inspection processing fee. I'm not going to complain though, I am super impressed with the service they provided and overall I still saved over $1000 by purchasing from the US, even though the machine was made in Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 05:48 PM)Ronni.p Wrote: I'm looking at upgrading from my old Resmed S8 and would like to buy an Airsense S10 Autoset online from the US.

I must confess I'm a bit of a cpap dummy, if I buy this model, does it automatically adjust by my breathing or do I need to set it up?

Also, would love to hear from anyone that has bought there machines online from overseas on their experiences. The price difference is amazing.

Thank you.

It may be a non issue but the model sold here in the USA does have a cellular modem to transmit data to your sleep doctor and it will not work in Aus. So if need be you will have to bring your data card into your doctor. Also as some have stated the warranty maybe an issue as well. But hell, who cares it is so much cheaper RIGHTSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I'm not too worried about not being able to use the cellular modem. I've got the sd card that I can get the data from. The warranty was a risk I was prepared to take. Fingers crossed I don't have any dramas with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ronni from a fellow Aussie. My loaner deal runs out in Early June and I've had a few questions about importing a new machine. You've answered a lot of those questions with your post. I now feel confident to go ahead and order.

I've got a MyPost account so the Fedex guys or whomever will deliver straight to that I hope.

I haven't looked at Supplier #8 yes so that might also be a bonus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2016, 04:07 AM)holden4th Wrote: Thanks Ronni from a fellow Aussie. My loaner deal runs out in Early June and I've had a few questions about importing a new machine. You've answered a lot of those questions with your post. I now feel confident to go ahead and order.

I've got a MyPost account so the Fedex guys or whomever will deliver straight to that I hope.

I haven't looked at Supplier #8 yes so that might also be a bonus.

I'm glad I've been able to help. It was so easy. Something else I didn't mention, I saved an additional 10% by searching for a coupon code online, where you enter the code at the end of the transaction. It was Supplier #10 that I used, not sure if the others have them too. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2016, 05:28 AM)Ronni.p Wrote: Thanks everyone for your feedback. I decided to order the Autoset for Her from Supplier 10. After I placed my order I received an email to say it was out of stock, however they received stock within the week. It was shipped on Friday and I received it in Brisbane Australia today. That is just amazing. I had a phone call from FedEx on Saturday to say it had cleared customs and I had to pay the import duty ($83) before customs would release it. If Monday wasn't a public holiday it would have arrived yesterday.

Well I think I have set everything up correctly. I'm looking forward to seeing what my sleep report says tomorrow.  

Hi,
How did you pay the import duty after the call from Fedex?
Post Reply Post Reply
I paid mine with credit card over the phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Just to clarify, there should be no import duty on medical equipment. CPAP including.
Exemption code B124
Google "import duty on medical equipment australia b124" and click on the first link.
That will save a few more dollars.

Good Luck Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd question a number of those statements.

A warranty is a warranty under law and has to be honoured

Let's say, hypothetically, that you purchased a new machine in the US. Sometime after purchase you move to Australia taking the machine with you. Regardless of where you live, the warranty has to stand .......unless you can find a clause somewhere in Resmed's warranty statement that says otherwise. Also, you won't be sending it directly to Resmed but the supplier you bought it from who will then decide how to deal with it. They sold it to you (not Resmed) and it's their responsibility to deal with any issues. Maybe this is why Resmed won't talk to you. They sell their new equipment through a network of suppliers.

Shipping back to the U.S. is almost impossible and if you have all the forms, being a medical equipment, you may end up paying $400 in shipment...

Wrong. Postage will be about $75-80 one way. I know because I've done this in the last 12 months. The supplier would pay for the return or the replacement machine.

What forms? I sent back my original PRS1 Series 60 and didn't have to fill out a single thing apart from the basic one page declaration at the post office.

Finally, I don't understand why you would trust the purchase of a vital piece of medical equipment to the vagaries of an Amazon vendor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,256 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 224 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,462 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 335 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 167 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 891 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.