Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air sense S10 Autoset from US to Australia
I've just had a look $50 was the import duty as the value was over $1000AU. I was expecting that charge as I had completed an import duty calculator online prior to making the purchase. $33 was an IQIS charge wish I wasn't expecting. When I googled it, it's a charge by the courier for Quarantine Inspection processing fee. I'm not going to complain though, I am super impressed with the service they provided and overall I still saved over $1000 by purchasing from the US, even though the machine was made in Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 05:48 PM)Ronni.p Wrote: I'm looking at upgrading from my old Resmed S8 and would like to buy an Airsense S10 Autoset online from the US.

I must confess I'm a bit of a cpap dummy, if I buy this model, does it automatically adjust by my breathing or do I need to set it up?

Also, would love to hear from anyone that has bought there machines online from overseas on their experiences. The price difference is amazing.

Thank you.

It may be a non issue but the model sold here in the USA does have a cellular modem to transmit data to your sleep doctor and it will not work in Aus. So if need be you will have to bring your data card into your doctor. Also as some have stated the warranty maybe an issue as well. But hell, who cares it is so much cheaper RIGHTSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I'm not too worried about not being able to use the cellular modem. I've got the sd card that I can get the data from. The warranty was a risk I was prepared to take. Fingers crossed I don't have any dramas with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks Ronni from a fellow Aussie. My loaner deal runs out in Early June and I've had a few questions about importing a new machine. You've answered a lot of those questions with your post. I now feel confident to go ahead and order.

I've got a MyPost account so the Fedex guys or whomever will deliver straight to that I hope.

I haven't looked at Supplier #8 yes so that might also be a bonus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2016, 04:07 AM)holden4th Wrote: Thanks Ronni from a fellow Aussie. My loaner deal runs out in Early June and I've had a few questions about importing a new machine. You've answered a lot of those questions with your post. I now feel confident to go ahead and order.

I've got a MyPost account so the Fedex guys or whomever will deliver straight to that I hope.

I haven't looked at Supplier #8 yes so that might also be a bonus.

I'm glad I've been able to help. It was so easy. Something else I didn't mention, I saved an additional 10% by searching for a coupon code online, where you enter the code at the end of the transaction. It was Supplier #10 that I used, not sure if the others have them too. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] To buy CPAP online, living in Sydney Australia kamran.zafar 6 179 05-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Last Post: kamran.zafar
  auto sense question lionel197 9 234 05-19-2017, 09:08 AM
Last Post: lionel197
  ResMed Air Sense 10 Service Manual Reuven Gruber 1 283 04-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Beej
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet APAP vs ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her SingerWang 11 680 04-04-2017, 12:07 AM
Last Post: JamesW
  Air Sense 10 humming Sterling147 13 501 03-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Last Post: richac
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 18 5,707 03-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: CPAPPY262
Thumbsup CPAP costs in Australia JamesW 10 521 03-05-2017, 05:26 AM
Last Post: zonk