Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air swallowing in throat
Air swallowing in throat
Hi guys (and girls),

I couldn't seem to find a thread on this specific question, but I apologize if it's been addressed before.

I recently turned up my pressure to 9 to see if it would decrease my events and my AHI is now at 0.9, whereas it was closer to 3 prior to this increase.  Over the past few nights, I've noticed that air has been "collecting" in the back of my throat.  I have to wake up to clear it, and it seems to occur more and more often each night.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Is my pressure now too high?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air swallowing in throat
If your air is under pressure either your mask vents need cleaning or sealed off by your pillow or you have a obstruction apnea occurring that has sealed off your throat passage possibly. If you are using EPR it would give a pressure drop on one side of obstruction before passage closed but if the lower pressure is on the lung side it would feel under pressure possibly. Need a Oscar chart to see what happened possibly.(I'm guessing or trying to figure what could give a pressure differential to wake a person up(chin tucking?).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 423 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Weird neck/throat movements. Is there a term for this? Rebdr 1 312 10-19-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
Video Throat vibration -- is this usual? Clarke40 0 481 09-10-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Clarke40
Question [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI w/inflamed tonsils and/or strep throat jazoon 0 541 08-06-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: jazoon
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 527 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  Need help with air swallowing so I can meet compliance requirements Harmon 3 545 01-16-2023, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Harmon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.