Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed
AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed
The other day, we had the time change, so I rolled back the time one hour on my vAuto 10. The time is correct, but somehow the date changed one day ahead to 11/6. When I try to change it back one day, it says the date can't be set in the past. Do I need to reset the whole machine? How do I set the date to today?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed
What is this compulsion to change the time on a CPAP? Leave the time alone.

You can reset the date by resetting the user data. Back up the SD card first if you need the data. Alternatively, you can turn the time back after noon a few hours at a time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2018, 09:13 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What is this compulsion to change the time on a CPAP?  Leave the time alone.

You can reset the date by resetting the user data.  Back up the SD card first if you need the data.  Alternatively, you can turn the time back after noon a few hours at a time.

Daylight savings time ended. So I wanted to set the time correctly so it syncs up with my SpO2 monitor. I'll wait until after 12pm to see if it allows me to set the time.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2018, 09:43 AM)MyronH Wrote: Daylight savings time ended. So I wanted to set the time correctly so it syncs up with my SpO2 monitor. I'll wait until after 12pm to see if it allows me to set the time.

I agree with Sleeprider, and I just keep everything set to standard time in my zone rather than adjusting twice a year for DST, which is a mickey-mouse sort of thing, and why bother? If you do that (ignoring DST) with the CPAP machine and the oximeter both, you'll be able to forget about it forever. Anyone who wants to take this to its logical conclusion could set everything to the quaintly-named UTC ("coordinated universal time"?!?), aka GMT, and again forget about it. Radio hams and shortwave listeners are used to that.

The Resmed machines don't let you set the clock back into a time range that already has data recorded. That's why erasing all data is a workaround.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyronH, You must of changed the date by accident because setting the hour back didn't advance the day. I see no problem with changing the hour for daylight savings time. I do it myself and have had no problems with it
Despite Sleeprider's compulsion to call it a compulsion.  Oh-jeez
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The machine does not allow to change date/time into a time for which it already has data. Before going to sleep, try to move the clock back as many hours as it will allow, i.e. not before morning. After repeating this for 2-3 days you will have moved a day back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2018, 11:02 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: MyronH, You must of changed the date by accident because setting the hour back didn't advance the day. I see no problem with changing the hour for daylight savings time. I do it myself and have had no problems with it
Despite Sleeprider's compulsion to call it a compulsion.  Oh-jeez

I did correct the time on mine.  For some reason it had drifted to about 25 minutes slow. Changing time by one hour is not a problem, but if you accidently change the date like Myron, or change many hours as a long distance traveller recently did, it can be a problem.  I call it obsessive mostly because it is completely unnecessary, and not something some end users do well, as evidenced by the number of threads that complain about this problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is South Central PA, I'm doing my part to not add to the complaining of clock setting issues by implementing one simple rule: do NOT set time change on the xPAP. AKA set and forget.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 320 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.