Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting
Question 
AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting
Hi all.  New to the blog.  Thanks to all for participating.

Brand new to all of this.  Central SA...severe diagnosis.  Now on the AirCurve 10 ASV.   Doing ok.  Events way down.  Only been 3 weeks now so....

When I first for got the machine it had humidity settings like 4 or 5, etc.

I lowered it one notch as I thought I was getting too much moisture.  Now I cannot find that setting even though the manual says it is there.  What the dial/menu now shows is a tube temp selection like 80 degrees.

What did I do wrong?  How do I get back to a simple humidity setting??

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting
Hi capnman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It should be right below the tube temp. Dial down to humidity level. Push in on the control knob and it should show the setting. Turn the knob to adjust the setting.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 10:01 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: It should be right below the tube temp. Dial down to humidity level. Push in on the control knob and it should show the setting. Turn the knob to adjust the setting.

Yes, Walla Walla has it for you.

What happened is you have a heated hose plugged in and it's setting pops in just above the humidifier setting line.

From Home you have My Options and Sleep Report. Choose My Options; that is you have to highlight selection with dial then accept by clicking dial, to enter my options. Going down the individual settings from there: home, ramp time, climate ctrl, tube temp, humidity level, leak alert, smart start, Etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidity setting disappears when you remove the humidity chamber and only the hose setting shows until you put the chamber back into place.

This question came up for me too, as I replace my humidity chamber with a side closure each morning (to keep the machine free of dust and cat hair while the chamber air dries).
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2017, 07:13 AM)kiwii Wrote: The humidity setting disappears when you remove the humidity chamber and only the hose setting shows until you put the chamber back into place.

This question came up for me too, as I replace my humidity chamber with a side closure each morning (to keep the machine free of dust and cat hair while the chamber air dries).

Great info; this counts as my learning for today folks. Since I use humidifier always, I'd not have noticed your no humidity tray action of editing settings screen. Thanks.

Dave  Coffee

No more learning until coffee is done
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for responding.

Combining all of the thoughts....I unplugged my heated line.  When I did, the humidity level selector showed up instead of the tube temp selector.  When I plugged the tube back in, it went back to tube temp.  

I am just learning all of this stuff and had never noticed this.  Frankly, I don't think it was doing this when I first picked up the machine at the medical equipment provider.

Just a side note...while I am bummed to find out about CSA and my condition/level, after close to 3 weeks of treatment I really feel like a new man.  My wife calls me the Energizer Bunny.  That may be a bit of an overstatement but my daily motivation level to get things done is up tremendously.  

Best
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you're feeling better. Stick with it and you'll get even better than this.
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update! Glad you found the answer.

Ditto on the motivation level being up. It is like the difference between living and existing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear you're getting on well with ASV therapy. There are quite a few members here that also use that machine. It would be interesting to hear what your current settings are, and see the results. The free #Sleepyhead can give you some views of the therapy you won't be able to visualize with ResScan, such as events, respiratory flow rate, mask pressure and pressure side-by-side. Just curious if you are in ASV auto mode, range of EPAP and PS range in your profile would be good information if any questions arise.

Check your humidity settings and see if turning to manual mode brings back the individual humidity and tube temperature options. In Auto mode you won't get that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 90 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 964 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 669 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 238 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 210 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.