Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting
RE: AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting
(10-18-2017, 09:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Great to hear you're getting on well with ASV therapy.  There are quite a few members here that also use that machine. It would be interesting to hear what your current settings are, and see the results.  The free [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] can give you some views of the  therapy you won't be able to visualize with ResScan, such as events, respiratory flow rate, mask pressure and pressure side-by-side.  Just curious if you are in ASV auto mode, range of EPAP and PS range in your profile would be good information if any questions arise.

Check your humidity settings and see if turning to manual mode brings back the individual humidity and tube temperature options.

That's an excellent point on that ASV Auto setting. My new machine was delivered yesterday and was set to ASV, not ASV Auto. Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, your profile is a great example of providing complete information on ASV settings in a profile.

I still suspect the O.P.'s humidity setting got switched from manual to auto, and that is the cause of losing the contols he saw previously.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That got me to thinking: what does ASV vs ASV Auto edit? I'm looking now. Will report back in few.

Now a few extra brain cells lit. You were referring to humidifier auto I bet...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Your right. The 80 degrees tube temp is the key. That's the temp the auto setting goes to. Bet he cleaned his tube and when he plugged it back in it reset to auto. That's why they pay you the big bucks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The hose temp applied in my case too. I can't remember exactly the steps, but changing the hose temp (set temp vs auto temp) kept getting 'undone' each time I was taking out the humidifier. Sorry I'm so vague since the details may be helpful. Too little sleep.

eta: Oh, and also I'm VAuto rather than ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m new to this board and the AirCurve 10 ASV. I’ve been on a BiPap for 15 years now (14-21 settings)! I had an intracathhral pain pump installed back in 2013. Since then recently we have had to increase my dose and interval of my bolus too. Well this has caused I believe Central Sleep Apnea which is worse than my almost cured sleep apnea. Long story short, I have lost so far 230 pounds in the last 2 years! Hence, was almost cured of my sleep apnea. Now the opieds are causing the Central Sleep Apnea! Anyways, I’ve been messing with the climate tube settings and the humidity settings since the first night. I keep getting excessive moisture during my sleep causing the full face mask to leak air because of the moisture. I was using the ResMed S9 and never had this problem! I had this moisture problem years ago with the Respironics M series with similar humidifier chambers. I’m almost ready to say the hell with this and return the AirCurve and go back to using my old S9!
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW the potential options you should have available are:

Humidifier in Auto or Manual, with manual ranging from 0-8

if a heated hose is connected, it's temperature setting is there, with a range of Off, 60-86.

Auto mode has the machine deciding what the settings are, I think that reducing rain out being its goal.

I run mine on manual & on 8 with heated hose on 86°F. A few times I do lower humidifier, but mostly mine is set as listed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know but I’ve tried every combination with no luck. ? They are sending me some kind of hose insulation to go around the ClimateLine. Will have to wait till Monday to see how it looks and will actually work?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2017, 07:08 PM)Bigbowman Wrote: I’m new to this board and the AirCurve 10 ASV. I’ve been on a BiPap for 15 years now (14-21 settings)! I had an intracathhral pain pump installed back in 2013. Since then recently we have had to increase my dose and interval of my bolus too. Well this has caused I believe Central Sleep Apnea which is worse than my almost cured sleep apnea. Long story short, I have lost so far 230 pounds in the last 2 years! Hence, was almost cured of my sleep apnea. Now the opieds are causing the Central Sleep Apnea! Anyways, I’ve been messing with the climate tube settings and the humidity settings since the first night. I keep getting excessive moisture during my sleep causing the full face mask to leak air because of the moisture. I was using the ResMed S9 and never had this problem! I had this moisture problem years ago with the Respironics M series with similar humidifier chambers. I’m almost ready to say the hell with this and return the AirCurve and go back to using my old S9!

Bigbowman, fortunately for you, the Aircurve 10 ASV is exactly the right machine to resolve your central apena, but it might take different settings if that is still a problem.  The Aircurve 10 has several different modes, and for central apnea, the best results usually come from a a low range of exhale (EPAP) pressures, with enough minimum pressure support to be comfortable, and maximum pressure support to cause you to take a breath during a central apnea, or increase your volume during hypopnea.   The S9 is intended to resolve simple obstructive apnea, and I don't think that is your best solution to simply solve a humidity issue.

Now that is pretty technical stuff, but we can help get you there.  It would help to know your complete settings, (mode, EPAP min, EPAP max, PS min, PS max and anything else that is set.  Let us know if you don't know how to access that information.  The humidity works the same on your ASV as it did with the H5i humidifier on the S9.  We need to know if you're using manual or auto humidity, and what settings you are using. I use a fleece hose cover over my climateline tube because it is more comfortable, but also I have never had condensation. I keep the cover on the mask tube as well as the Climateline.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know how to check settings, clinical settings and navigation of this machine. I’ve tried auto humidity with auto climateline. Tried manual humid from 0-9 and climateline from 0-86 with constant moisture in my mask waking me up every night. Same bedroom, temp settings, furniture as always only thing that changed was the machine with the new air settings? If I go with no humidity being a mouth breather is horrible to wake up with!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 136 8 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 48 9 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 112 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,001 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 163 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 701 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 139 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.