Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting
RE: AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting
Well covering the hose is one way that might help. Putting the ASV lower than the bed also helps. Might want to try that if you haven't already. Welcome to the board and let us know how it works out. Welcome
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Machine below head level? FWIW, I'm using manual at humidity 4 and temp 80. I turn that down in the summer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to download SleepyHead.  I have a Mac.  It didnt like it....like not trusted.  I assume I can change my security settings.  Assume others have downloaded to a Mac with no issues?  Cant be too careful these days!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been been running SleepyHead on my Mac for several months and haven't had any issues with it. The warning you are receiving is a Gatekeeper warning that SleepyHead hasn't been registered with Apple and is unknown.

If you want to run SleepyHead anyway, just right click on the file and click open in the resulting menu. An exception will be made for SleepyHead and you will be able to open it like a registered app from that point on.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I’ve tried every possible combination for a working humidity setting with NO luck! I also can only fill the water chamber half full because otherwise the water blows right into the climateline! I mean tablespoons of water blow into the hose! It’s now either too moist causing mask condensation & leaks to dry & can’t swallow when I wake up from cotton mouth! I’m absolutely disgusted and done with this machine! Today I set up my ResMed S9 till they figure out a replacement brand of a machine! I tried with no luck. I’ve adjusted the range of therapy settings also to control the force of treatment with no success on this problem either! So I’m absolutely done. When I first saw the design I had a sinking feeling that it would be just like every other design like it that has failed miserably in the humidification settings. I think the only other possibility is the Philips Respironics DreamStation. It looks almost like the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine is sitting level and your not filling the water chamber passed the max line. Than are also using a heated hose set on Auto with the machine set lower than the bed. I don't know how you can be getting rainout. I have a VAUTO and I never had a problem with rainout. I like the dreamstation Auto Bipap and use it. But I do think the VAUTO has a better water chamber setup. Just my own thoughts.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My side table is about 8” lower than the top of my mattress, add myself & pillow it’s probably close to being a foot lower than me. I can only fill the chamber to half full, anymore and it will pour into the hose! I’ve tried every setting on the climateline and the humidifier too! Maybe I just have a bad machine? Regardless, I now will not trust this machine for the long run! I’m not going to be stuck for five years with a machine that I hate and won’t work right!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2017, 02:41 PM)Bigbowman Wrote: I can only fill the chamber to half full, anymore and it will pour into the hose!

There should be a line or marking on the Chamber that says “max fill.” Filling it any higher would definitely cause issues with water in your hose.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know that’s why I only fill it to the less than the half fill line when the chamber is on a completely level surface. I’m sure it’s a defective machine. I will not take a chance on a replacement because I have lost all trust in this model! It’s either my old S9 or I’ll try the Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2017, 03:59 PM)Bigbowman Wrote: I know that’s why I only fill it to the less than the half fill line when the chamber is on a completely level surface. I’m sure it’s a defective machine. I will not take a chance on a replacement because I have lost all trust in this model! It’s either my old S9 or I’ll try the Dreamstation.

I'm very new to ASV, in a few moments I'll start on night 10, but I'd urge you to reconsider. These ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV machines are top notch, both by reputation and in my limited experience.

I'm not getting the symptoms you describe. You may indeed have a defective machine. I wouldn't reject the whole line due to a possible an issue with one machine.

Your call, but....

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 248 04-22-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,236 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 163 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 186 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,027 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 189 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.