Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 S Smart Start
AirCurve 10 S Smart Start
Hi all, I am brand new and have had my AirCurve 10 S for 7 days. This forum is great. So far I have been able to access the clinician menu and make adjustments I wanted. What I have not been able to do is start the Smart Start option. Because to this forum I was able to download ResScan and install it. I have been able to go into the settings option and mark the Smart Start option as "On" but when I return the SD card to the machine it is still off and will not let me use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again this forum is great and I have learned a lot in a short period.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 S Smart Start
Try setting it in the machine menus. If you find it grayed out, then the option is not available.
This may be do to the type of mask you have. Smart start may not be available for a full face mask.

Most of us do not use the SD card to make machine changes. We make them at the machine.
Generally we lock our SD cards when inserting into the computer.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I did use the machine clinician menu first. The Smart Start is greyed out. I then attempted the ResScan settings. I was able to change in there but when I went back to the machine no dice. I have also changed the mask type to both pillow and nasal and still no change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DRGREGORY
Do you have "leak alert" turned on ... turning it off would give you access to smartstart (that was the case with S9 VPAP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DRGREGORY,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Brick 
Zonk, That did the trick. Love this forum.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2015, 08:00 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi DRGREGORY
Do you have "leak alert" turned on ... turning it off would give you access to smartstart (that was the case with S9 VPAP)

thanks for sharing that ... searched high and low with no luck.
had smartstart enabled but turned on leak alert in experimenting mode. which turned smartstart off.

turned off leak alert on my AirCurve 10 vauto .. smartstart option came available ... turned back on .. all is well again.

this AirCurve 10 vauto is substantially gentler during transitions .. much easier to stay in compliance vs older Respironics Bipap. night and day improvements!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,000 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,487 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.