Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 ST-A
RE: AirCurve 10 ST-A
Howdy y'all. zzzZorro, with sincere hope you get this thing figured out ASAP and wishing a Happy New Year.

Not that I'm trying to be overly bad or anything...but this spring maybe we all gather in to go Duck hunting. I traded a Duck recently, BTW, for a doctor that actually seems not only rather decent in manner, but actually may know what he's doing. surprise surprise surprise Bigwink OK I'll go back to my corner...

G'night everyone,
Dave

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the CPAP chart from last night with the ST-A machine. 
As stated before there is no EPR settings available on it.  Apparently as ajack said the SleepyHead program does not properly integrate with it OR it either does not know/care what 'Unclassified' apneas are as it does not show Obstructives or Centrals.

[Image: jHQbNkQ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead does not decide on apnea types that is decided by the machine and that reports them as unclassified apnea’s nothing sleepyhead can do about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were using EPR at 1, then you can get close to the S9 pressure by setting the ST machine to VPAP-S mode at EPAP 13 and IPAP 14. I don't recall what you were using. If Easy-Breathe is an option in VPAP-S, turn it on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's looking OK, compared to your 40's. I first remember coming to your thread when you were on Vauto and 25cm and it not working.
resscan also has them recorded as UA, I don't think there is a FOT in any mode to record oa/ua/ca?
I was meaning that rescan reads more data from the sd card, than sleepyhead. I find sleepyhead more user friendly, and what it reports coincides with resscan, but it hasn't been intergrated and there is some stuff missing. I use resscan to confirm a problem from sleepyhead and see the other data, like Va for example.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2017, 12:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you were using EPR at 1, then you can get close to the S9 pressure by setting the ST machine to VPAP-S mode at EPAP 13 and IPAP 14. I don't recall what you were using.  If Easy-Breathe is an option in VPAP-S, turn it on.

Okay  Sounds like a plan.  "S mode EPAP-13 and IPAP-14".  No new-fangled niceties like Easy-Breathe available on it. 

..But it does have all kinds of alarms Big Grin

Tempting to switch back to the S9 Autoset but having to get time on this ST unit, we'll keep tinkering with it..  Think of it as a Smorgasborg with all-kinds of goodies!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2017, 01:16 PM)ajack Wrote: I don't think there is a FOT in any mode to record oa/ua/ca?

Apparently correct but it is not bashful about counting Unclassifieds, don't know how it 'sees' them.  This machine seems to have the dedicated purpose to monitor/count breaths and stuff 'em to you if you miss any.  Doesn't 'care' why something else is going on, just concentrates of intake volume. [Probably why they say it is for COPD Bigwink ]
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything is a UA/H and it hits it with a hammer. It is going to put in x amount of ventilation. Measured at the alveolar , past the bronchial, come hell or high water. (or it runs out of pressure first) Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
From the Aircurve VAuto / S / ST clinician manual:

Resmed Wrote:Central sleep apnea detection is available in VAuto, CPAP and S modes (when Easy-Breathe is
enabled) on AirCurve 10 VAuto and AirCurve 10 S devices.

The ST (and presumably also the ST-A) are conspicuous by their absence. So I think it's a fair assumption that the ST(A) acts like the ASV and does not bother differentiating apnea types but just gets on and treats them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2017, 08:31 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: From the Aircurve VAuto / S / ST clinician manual:

Resmed Wrote:Central sleep apnea detection is available in VAuto, CPAP and S modes (when Easy-Breathe is
enabled) on AirCurve 10 VAuto and AirCurve 10 S devices.

The ST (and presumably also the ST-A) are conspicuous by their absence. So I think it's a fair assumption that the ST(A) acts like the ASV and does not bother differentiating apnea types but just gets on and treats them.

Yes sir, that is EXACTLY correct. 

I'll have a chart from last night posted as soon as Imgur decides to upload.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 18 322 11 hours ago
Last Post: Raven87
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 13 304 Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 168 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 112 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,039 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 196 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 779 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.