Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 ST-A
RE: AirCurve 10 ST-A
OK, here we go.  Last night I went through all the settings on the machine and intended to leave it in the S mode at 14/13.  Goofed and left it in CPAP 14 (same as night before).  Developed an 'Owie' on the bridge of the nose from the AirFit FFM and resorted to the P-10 pillow mask, expecting leaks.  There were in fact numerous leakage events but the AHI-7.50 was a big improvement.  There was about a 50 minute pause on the chart at 0125 where I think I woke with my face on the pillow and a leak- although that could have been the LL shown at 0100.  If the 0100 event was what I was thinking of then I have no recollection of the 'off" pause on the chart.

Unknown apneas (OAs and CAs) substantially reduced and no 'nasty' one minute events Grin

The P-10 is the wrong mask for me, even with the chinstrap (useless) but it is going to have to be used for a few more days.  I have never experienced Large Leaks such as this, so would guess they would have skewed the AHI count badly?

[CHART]
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as you can see the breathing on the flow rate chart, so can the machine. It may under-estimate some events, especially hypopnea, but the apnea should be fairly accurate.

I would guess the difference in efficacy between VPAP-S and CPAP both at 14 should be pretty minimal, and the 1-cm pressure support is simply a comfort feature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2017, 01:04 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: OK, here we go.  Last night I went through all the settings on the machine and intended to leave it in the S mode at 14/13.  Goofed and left it in CPAP 14 (same as night before).  Developed an 'Owie' on the bridge of the nose from the AirFit FFM and resorted to the P-10 pillow mask, expecting leaks.  There were in fact numerous leakage events but the AHI-7.50 was a big improvement.  There was about a 50 minute pause on the chart at 0125 where I think I woke with my face on the pillow and a leak- although that could have been the LL shown at 0100.  If the 0100 event was what I was thinking of then I have no recollection of the 'off" pause on the chart.

Unknown apneas (OAs and CAs) substantially reduced and no 'nasty' one minute events Grin

The P-10 is the wrong mask for me, even with the chinstrap (useless) but it is going to have to be used for a few more days.  I have never experienced Large Leaks such as this, so would guess they would have skewed the AHI count badly?

[CHART]

Overall, big improvement.  I would leave everything the same for the next couple days.  Leaks and all, the P10 may be a better mask for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP (would you believe) doing best yet, at least so far,  when first sleep test said "Failed CPAP".

Here are the last three days together (Dec.28-30) all using ResMed P-10.

28- CPAP @ 14

29-VPAPS-S @ 14/13   [Had a power failure in the middle of this one]

30- CPAP @ 14

The P-10 I like but it wrecks havoc with my allergies and sinus.  Have problems with mouth leakage/squeaking-snotring-etc. but think maybe there is an adjustment period for it.  Can't help to wonder IF the pillow mask would change all the results on past machines/settings over what the FFM gave me?

[CHARTS]
Post Reply Post Reply
It certainly looks like CPAP beats the other modes, at least when using the settings you were given. I had a lot of nasal issues plus mouth leaks and other leaks with the P10 as well. Now on a consistent regimen of Flonase plus figured out the wearing a chinstrap over the P10 keeps the P10 straps from working their way over the back of my head while I sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2017, 11:38 AM)Shin Ryoku Wrote: It certainly looks like CPAP beats the other modes, at least when using the settings you were given.  I had a lot of nasal issues plus mouth leaks and other leaks with the P10 as well.  Now on a consistent regimen of Flonase plus figured out the wearing a chinstrap over the P10 keeps the P10 straps from working their way over the back of my head while I sleep.

I'm wondering if Flonase, like other nasal sprays (4-Way, etc.) doesn't have a effects-reversal?  Do not know if the pillow blowing through the nose or the Flonase has begun causing off and on, a very runny nose condition. Hay-fever like...  PITA
Post Reply Post Reply
Flonase does not have a rebound like Afrin. I do however find that I get better results with flonase furoate (Sensimist) than with flonase propionate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2017, 12:00 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote: Flonase does not have a rebound like Afrin.  I do however find that I get better results with flonase furoate (Sensimist) than with flonase propionate.

Flonase propionate is what I have.  Did not know there was a different one.  Is it a Rx or brand name?

*Disregard* Did an online searh and answered my question.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Flonase furoate appears to be an OTC item now, or it can be. My version of this is Rx, fluticasone furoate, called Breo Ellipta powdered inhaler. I take this as a maintenance long term COPD Rx.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2017, 01:04 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Flonase furoate appears to be an OTC item now, or it can be. My version of this is Rx, fluticasone furoate, called Breo Ellipta powdered inhaler. I take this as a maintenance long term COPD Rx.

Got it Dave Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 18 337 Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 13 316 Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 170 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 113 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,042 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 203 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 783 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.