Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 ST-A
RE: AirCurve 10 ST-A
(01-11-2018, 02:48 PM)ajack Wrote: You are going to need to google this...peep or min pressure is for your heart and it increases it's function. They now think that is the reason it cpap works on pulmonary oedema, rather than the increased pressure pushing the fluid out of the lung. The heart works better and is able to clear the fluid.

As to Nocturia, that and HF goes hand in hand and the peep/min/fixed pressure may have a similar effect? It is also associated with just getting older and the urine production increases at night?

PEEP effect on HEART Pre-load and After-load
Post Reply Post Reply
You could imagine the mess I would have made, to try and describe that to you in a paragraph. Plus I only understand half of it Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 04:24 PM)ajack Wrote: Plus I only understand half of it Smile

"Plus 1" Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
You have central apnea and no coexisting respiratory or diaphragmatic illness? Your doctor/insurance is doing you a great disservice. It should be a crime to prescribe an advanced machine like the 10 ST-A to someone who doesn't benefit from it. Especially if your Dr. doesn't even understand it.

I would just look on the forums for a used ASV machine from a reputable seller and call it a day. Vast majority of these docs/companies just want your money.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 12:30 PM)Matt00926 Wrote: You have central apnea and no coexisting respiratory or diaphragmatic illness? Your doctor/insurance is doing you a great disservice. It should be a crime to prescribe an advanced machine like the 10 ST-A to someone who doesn't benefit from it. Especially if your Dr. doesn't even understand it.

I would just look on the forums for a used ASV machine from a reputable seller and call it a day. Vast majority of these docs/companies just want your money.

It was explained earlier in the thread why he did not get an ASV (heart disease with reduced EF) and did get an AVAPS capable device (he needed a BPAP-ST capable device and doc thought he had comorbid COPD).
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 01:32 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 12:30 PM)Matt00926 Wrote: You have central apnea and no coexisting respiratory or diaphragmatic illness? Your doctor/insurance is doing you a great disservice. It should be a crime to prescribe an advanced machine like the 10 ST-A to someone who doesn't benefit from it. Especially if your Dr. doesn't even understand it.

It was explained earlier in the thread why he did not get an ASV (heart disease with reduced EF) and did get an AVAPS capable device (he needed a BPAP-ST capable device and doc thought he had comorbid COPD).

Correct Shin, Pulmonologist ruled out COPD since getting ST-A.  (iVAPS was a miserable failure)  The VAUTO I was prescribed prior was, in fact, the better unit for me so far.  ASV is a moot point!
Post Reply Post Reply
Shin, I like your new picture.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 03:40 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Shin, I like your new picture.

Proud PAPA?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 01:32 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote:

Thanks - I wasn't able to read 9 pages before I posted. As far as I know, the ResMed ASV study is not gospel so I think using the ASV should be on a case by case basis; it shouldn't be hard to see what the ASV is doing to or for the patient. IMO there should be no strict cut-off points because sleep medicine is far, far from a perfect science.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28390743
http://jcsm.aasm.org/Articles/jcsm.12.9.1313.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Better to have a messy chart, than to not have one at all Smile
Who can tell if like with the st-a the pressure will max out. any auto machine seems to max out on you and the numbers get worse. It was the same with the Vauto.

You need the VA doctor to take your case seriously, see what happens at your next appointment. Or start writing letters to everyone up the ladder. I guess you can't choose your own doctor with VA, but a few letters may get the wheels moving?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,240 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.