Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 VAUTO
AirCurve 10 VAUTO
I have my AirCurve 10 VAUTO, I really like it so far but the first night it had a "AHI" rate of 34. I changed the Trigger setting from "MED to High" it lowered it to around 5 Events/Hour. What is an acceptable number? Does changing the trigger setting to a higher rate have any drawbacks?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 VAUTO
For most people the trigger is left at the default setting. Just changing it based on AHI is not really drilling down to the problem.
You may have prevented it from triggering from EPAP to IPAP, defeating the purpose of a VPAP (bilevel) machine.

You should be looking at the data with software to determine what kind of apnea composed the AHI of 34. If central apnea, lowering the PS might have been a better way to go.

Since you list a single pressure in your profile; it begs the question: What mode are you running that VAUTO in? Auto, S mode, or CPAP.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It is in S mode IPAP=16 EPAP=8
Post Reply Post Reply
So, you PS = IPAP - EPAP = 16 - 8 = 8 cm-water.
Were you prescribed that wide a split?
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
What prompted you to change the trigger setting? What was your rationale? Your trigger setting does not give you a higher or lower rate but it does give you a higher or lower sensitivity for the trigger to occur.

It actually sounds to me like your EPAP setting was too low.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have a muscle disease ( POMPE Disease) that has compromised my breathing muscles and when I am lying down I have trouble breathing. I have had several sleep studies and this seems to work the best. I can't sleep without my BiPap.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should probably be on an ASV machine. They are essentially a non-invasive ventilator.

I would recommend that people with such rare conditions not try to manage their own therapy.
It's way beyond the scope of this forum.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll be talking to my Doctor soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 79 5 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 153 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 695 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 156 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,368 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.