Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 VAUTO machine
AirCurve 10 VAUTO machine
About a month ago got a new replacement AirCurve 10 VAUTO machine (exact same model as my 5.5 year old machine). Modem connectivity strength on new machine shows 1 bar while old machine was showing 4 -5 bars. Checked clinical setting in ABOUT and see that the new machine has Internet Service Provider set for T-Mobile and 4G while old machine does not have any entries in those respective fields. My location has very poor T-Mobile service. Can see no way to change Provider or understand why or who set up the new machine specifying T-Mobile. Any suggestions on how the Provider can be changed or deleted?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 VAUTO machine
I assume you are looking at the About menu for Provider. My older machine, like yours does not identify a Provider, but indicates the modem is CDMA. Verizon will turn off its CDMA network and T-Mobile will turn off its 2G GSM network by the end of 2020. In 2021, AT&T and T-Mobile will keep their 3G networks in very low-bandwidth modes mostly designed to support devices like electric meters and vending machines. Now that T-Mobile owns Sprint, it's likely to do the same with Sprint's old CDMA network. That means 2G/3G reception and call quality will likely be poor, if you get a signal at all. It's a 4G LTE world now, and if you aren't in it yet, it's time to switch over.

In short, Resmed has updated modems in response to the obsolescence of the CDMA and 2G networks, and has moved to the inexpensive 3G band. Note this does not use LTE or GSM which are higher bandwidth. The old 3G has a wider range, and is suitable for the data transmission for AirView and MyAir data. Your phone is not a reliable indicator of the band strength of 3G.

Edit to add, I am still getting Airview data from my CDMA equipped Vauto, so it appears they have not yet shut down the network. I expect that fairly soon there will be no new MyAir data for my older machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
T-Mobile is probably the contracted carrier in the U.S. with Resmed.   Your old VAuto was more than likely a 3G cellular system, while the newer one has the 4G system.   I believe that there are two uses for this communication.  First, is the paid monitoring service between your VAuto and either your doctor or DME.  Since one of the entities has to pay for this connection, it usually lasts only during the insurance compliance period.  The second, is to connect to Resmed's myAir.  This is a voluntary connection that provides very minimal data.  I usually refer to this service as a "Feel Good" app.  The information it provides is less than what you can read off the unit's display, but you already know this.   I recommend that you download and use OSCAR (the link is in the name).  Using OSCAR, combined with an SD card (2-32 GB in size), you will be able to view and analyze your high resolution sleep data to aid in fine-tuning your VAuto.  The download link for OSCAR is also at the top of every screen here on the forum.  For more information on OSCAR, you can read the wiki as well as, reading the links in my signature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick replies. The info you all provided was quite helpful and much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,236 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 101 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 980 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 149 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 686 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 148 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,361 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.