Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 in ASV mode
RE: AirCurve 10 in ASV mode
Not to be contrary, but with ASV treatment, flow limits more or less were ignored by me with my ASV, which is identical to your ASV model here. What I mean is, I didn't factor FL in titration decisions. Feel and basic results of AHI, leaks, and pressure were about all I looked at. However it turned out, when I dialed in my ASV via my own Titration, flow limits were oddly low. Just a bonus I'm guessing.

When you're ready to go up to bat again with ASV Auto, let me know and we'll walk through it. Myself, I tackled EPAP first then PS. I didn't read ResMed titration directions until afterwards. Oh well, I still had good therapy with it, scoring some 0.0 AHI nights.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This chart does not show any positional apnea problems or patterns of flow limitation that would be related to chin-tucking.  Usually with ASV, we see flow limitation that is related to the user relying on pressure support to provide a breath. These are the isolated spikes of FL we see in your chart.  From 22:40 to 23:20 we see a period of fairly low pressure support indicating spontaneous breathing, but relatively high flow limitation.  This is real obstructive flow limitation and is associated with increasing EPAP pressure.  Based on this, I recommend increasing EPAP min to 5.0.  Everything else looks great.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=33990]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the last 2 posts you have the best and brightest helping you with ASV. Listen to them.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all your observations and suggestions. I'll pause this thread and start working on the things you all have advised. I'll do my best to document changes and conditions for each step and do them one at a time. I'll hope to report back with improvements. This is a great community! I have also made my brother aware of you. He is working without a doctor and can benefit from you a lot. I gifted him an O2 ring to aid him in understanding his progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question since I am trying to learn.  In the plot of ASV Auto mode, waitedwaytoolong's SpO2 levels were much lower than in the plot provided at the top of the post.

Are these lower levels likely from the positional issues?

Also, does anyone have hints on a camera setup for detecting these things?  I am thinking of some sort of camera that films my father overnight, perhaps with a clock moved next to his bed, so I can later correlate any obvious positional issues with OSCAR apnea results.  Or is this overthinking?  Is the better approach to try a collar and see if things improve?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see any issues with SpO2, however, in the first post the EPAP was set at 10.0 cm and in the most recent, EPAP ranged from 4.0 to 8.0. It is a basic principle of PAP and mechanical ventilation that higher EPAP results in better oxygenation, while higher PS results in higher ventilation and lower CO2. I would suggest that the original settngs were too high for comfort and resulted in much higher tidal volume and a slightly more suppressed respiration rate. The over-ventilation suppressed respiratory drive and made the user more reliant on the ASV pressure support to correct the hypocapnea induced centrals. In the end, we would rely on subjective "how did you feel" to evaluate the results. I can tell from the much smoother respiration flow rate graph, this was closer to the mark than the original settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you fir sharing your knowledge.  You’ve given me some things to chew on.  

My father’s sleep study got delayed from last week till tomorrow; hoping to learn something from that. 

Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider, at 07-22-2021, 06:44 AM you responded saying there was low pressure support: "From 22:40 to 23:20 we see a period of fairly low pressure support". My graph shows higher pressure and higher mask pressure during that time frame. Can you please explain why you say there was low pressure support? My perspective says that there was higher pressure support when looking at the graphs. Please excuse my ignorance!
Post Reply Post Reply
From 22:40 to 23:20 should probably have been from 21:30 to 23:10. That entire period shows very even flow rate from respiration and not much intervention from the ASV.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=33990]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
It has been 2 months since I queried the team. I have been lowering my settings and looking at results. I have also been wearing a collar that has helped a lot with positional events. Attached are two screenshots showing my current settings with a typical night with and without wearing my collar. I am posting these to help others see the efficacy of wearing a collar. I now have pressure settings that do not wake me up and also I have reduced aerophagia. If anyone sees any issues with my chart using the collar, please advise. I have not tried the Auto ASV mode yet as was suggested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 82 9 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 696 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 223 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 204 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.