Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Moderator Note] The etiquette of hijacking threads
Cool 
The etiquette of hijacking threads
Folks, we often see new posts in a thread which have nothing to do with the original topic. This is called "hijacking". An example might be somebody asking about a heated hose in a thread about pressures.

There are two problems with thread hijacking:
1. It dilutes the value of the thread to the original participants
2. It means your problem and its discussion can get lost among stuff that is not relevant to you.

The moderators can and do split out these hijacked posts where feasible, but it would be so much better if you could keep the discussion more-or-less on topic, and start a new thread for a new topic.

Thanks
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The etiquette of hijacking threads
A very good reminder.  Thank you for this Paul!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The etiquette of hijacking threads
Good info, DB!

When I read the title, I thought "IS there an etiquette for hijacking???" But of course not. LOL "Just don't do it!"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile [Admin Note] The "Stickies" (Important Threads) SuperSleeper 1 720 12-18-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Wiki Entries or Threads on Causes of Sleep Apnea? Helena 4 603 08-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Helena
  Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized? drmaestro 9 1,301 06-29-2020, 11:43 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  Looking for threads on "end of sleep REM and AHI increase" Schlafer 5 978 10-14-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Grandpapa-G
Gross [Equipment] Merging my 'mask' hunt threads Peter_C 4 2,268 11-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  Archived threads seth 4 2,617 11-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.