Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10 stopped working
AirCurve 10 stopped working
My AirCurve 10 ASV started up last night and quit within a few seconds of operation. Anybody know where the fuse or circuit breaker is or has other advice for me on how to troubleshoot?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 stopped working
Try to power-cycle the machine by disconnecting all power and then plugging things back in. If it still does not re-power, the most likely fault is the AC/DC power adapter brick which will be under warranty. As an engineer, you're welcome to use a multimeter to verify power at the DC plug, but you should contact your supplier for service
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2017, 09:05 AM)Papit Wrote: My AirCurve 10 ASV started up last night and quit within a few seconds of operation. Anybody know where the fuse or circuit breaker is or has other advice for me on how to troubleshoot?

Papit, would you define a few seconds please.

Sleeprider's advice is always very good.  To add to it; I would turn off the autostart feature.  This will ensure the machine isn't misinterpreting flow and shutting down the blower.

The humidifier is internal; but can be turned off.  I would turn it off just to reduce power.  If it works with humidifier off, then the power brick may be marginal on power capacity due to a defect.

You might request the clinician's manual for your unit -- see "CPAP Setup Manuals" at top of page.

You will likely have to turn it in for warranty service or replacement.

And, if I may ask, which branch of engineering are you specialized in for your PE?

Kind Regards.

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I took a measurement with a voltmeter.   You got it right.  The brick is giving zero output.  Thank you, Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did the check with my meter.  (I'm an EE per your question.)   You got it right.  The brick is giving zero output.  Thanks, Mongo.  I'm guessing you're where the action is.  Thank you for your service out there.  Be safe.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2017, 09:05 AM)Papit Wrote: My AirCurve 10 ASV started up last night and quit within a few seconds of operation. Anybody know where the fuse or circuit breaker is or has other advice for me on how to troubleshoot?

afaik there is none

check your circuit breaker did not trip
check voltage at the wall outlet
if you can, check voltage out of the power supply 
if all good then the machine needs professional servicing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2017, 11:03 AM)Papit Wrote: I did the check with my meter.  (I'm an EE per your question.)   You got it right.  The brick is giving zero output.  Thanks, Mongo.  I'm guessing you're where the action is.  Thank you for your service out there.  Be safe.

EE here too. Never took the PE exam. Did take the EIT years ago.
On my S9 machine the power connector to the machine is 3 pins.
The 10 series machines are tri-axial. Common, 24 VDC and a third conductor that carries the Thévenin equivalent of 3.3 VDC with a 2.7 k resistor.
Even with a good 24 VDC, if the 3rd conductor Thévenin equivalent is out of spec, the machine won't like it.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,503 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.