Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve 10v Climate Control Missing
RE: AirCurve 10v Climate Control Missing
(02-20-2020, 06:54 PM)3rdMarDiv Wrote: Found on Google Search:
Make sure that the heated hose is attached and being recognized by the machine first.
If the machine isn't recognizing the heated hose then you won't get the option for Climate Control...you only get the humidity number options.
Heated hose must be attached AND recognized by the machine. The machine will let you know if it recognizes the hose with a pop-up:  "ClimateLine Air connected".
I just tried detaching and re-attaching the hose, and mine does this. It all happens very quickly, and the message is gone in about a second.
It is 2 lines, "connected" being on the second line.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that tells me a story. Not sure what I can do about it, but obviously something is not working properly… Probably send back the hose I just got and try another one maybe… Thank you a bunch! Big Time Assist..!
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still looking at the STR file; it's interesting, but I don't yet know what it all means. Both out VAuto machines
record 96 settings daily, and the relevant ones for the morning of 19 Feb (night of 18 - 19) for you are
Code:
# 36 "S.Tube" "1"
# 37 "S.ClimateControl" "0"
# 38 "S.HumEnable" "1"
# 39 "S.HumLevel" "4"
# 40 "S.TempEnable" "2"
# 41 "S.Temp" "270"
# 42 "HeatedTube" "0"

and mine are typically
Code:
# 36 "S.Tube" "1"
# 38 "S.HumEnable" "1"
# 39 "S.HumLevel" "4"
# 40 "S.TempEnable" "1"
# 41 "S.Temp" "210"
# 42 "HeatedTube" "1"

This is the first time I've used this decoder, and I'm not sure I quite understand everything it's telling me. I think you're probably on the right track trying another hose.

However, when I took mine apart to disable the modem, that socket is connected to the rest of the device by a small flexible printed circuit track to accommodate the
rotation of the hose, so I expect it's possible for it to break.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2020, 08:03 PM)mjphyi Wrote: I'm still looking at the STR file; it's interesting, but I don't yet know what it all means. Both out VAuto machines
record 96 settings daily, and the relevant ones for the morning of 19 Feb (night of 18 - 19) for you are
Code:
# 36 "S.Tube" "1"
# 38 "S.HumEnable" "1"
# 39 "S.HumLevel" "4"
# 40 "S.TempEnable" "2"
# 41 "S.Temp" "270"
# 42 "HeatedTube" "0"

and mine are typically
Code:
# 36 "S.Tube" "1"
# 38 "S.HumEnable" "1"
# 39 "S.HumLevel" "4"
# 40 "S.TempEnable" "1"
# 41 "S.Temp" "210"
# 42 "HeatedTube" "1"

This is the first time I've used this decoder, and I'm not sure I quite understand everything it's telling me. I think you're probably on the right track trying another hose.

However, when I took mine apart to disable the modem, that socket is connected to the rest of the device by a small flexible printed circuit track to accommodate the
rotation of the hose, so I expect it's possible for it to break.

Well, you are certainly doing a bang up job of it and I can see where mine shows Heated Tube "0" so that confirms to me that it is not recognized.

And I also believe you are on the money about the connection.

I am going to try another hose and then look into a possible repair.

I have been using my PR machine with heated tub and really liked it, but it's not a game changer with the 10v.

Likely I will just bump up the humidity level when using the 10v.

As you can see I have only used the 10v a few times (10?) so I'm not fully committed to it yet. Everything else works fine and the SmartStart is fluff in my opinion.

Thanks so much again...Hope to keep seeing you around the board...

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2020, 08:03 PM)mjphyi Wrote: I'm still looking at the STR file; it's interesting, but I don't yet know what it all means. Both out VAuto machines
Code:
# 36 "S.Tube" "1"
# 38 "S.HumEnable" "1"
# 39 "S.HumLevel" "4"
# 40 "S.TempEnable" "2"
# 41 "S.Temp" "270"
# 42 "HeatedTube" "0"

and mine are typically
Code:
# 36 "S.Tube" "1"
# 38 "S.HumEnable" "1"
# 39 "S.HumLevel" "4"
# 40 "S.TempEnable" "1"
# 41 "S.Temp" "210"
# 42 "HeatedTube" "1"
My HumLevel is at 4 and I'm assuming your is also.

I'm guessing that the S. stands for Setting?

Both are showing S.Temps and they are different.

Both show "0" ClimateControl

But, I'm seeing S.Tube both at 1, like it recognizes that the tube is attached. I wonder what it would show if a standard tube is attached. Would it show "0"

Under TempEnable though my machine shows "2" where yours is "1" and the S.Temp is 210 vs 270 in mine.

One of the temps should be for the Humidifier and one for the heated tube?? Just guessing.

I am now back to wondering if my machine has a "lock out" and is set for auto climate control which would dictate tube heat based on the environment it is operating within??

The Code lines you are showing are definitely conflicting with the premise of a broken data connection. (Except for the pop-up showing connected)

With my PR machine I can feel the warmer air from the heated tube, but not the 10v.

I am going to run this machine onto a small temp gauge and check it that way. Looking at the manuals ResMed is saying that Auto Climate is set at 80+ degrees.

If you recall earlier I also mentioned that Smart Start is greyed out. That has nothing to do with the tube and that appears to be deliberately negated.

If they locked out Smart Start then maybe Climate Control is also locked out??????

Looking at that STR file was a great move.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 06:25 AM)3rdMarDi Wrote: I am now back to wondering if my machine has a "lock out" and is set for auto climate control which would dictate tube heat based on the environment it is operating within??
If there is Lock Out then my questions are:
Was it locked out at the factory when the machine was ordered?
Was it locked out by the provider after the machine was delivered?

This may make a difference if I select to re-set all defaults.

Will I be re-setting back to factory defaults that will then include the options that were locked out by the provider?
Or, would I be re-setting back to factory defaults that still include "lock outs" built into the machine at the factory?

I hesitate to hit the re-set option without the knowledge as to what will be necessary to return the machine to working order.
The smart start option being disabled is leading me toward doing a full re-set. Process of elimination, right?
Probably should start a new thread about taking this action.
Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw your other thread, and I think a reset is a good idea. I got my VAuto used, and I did one. No ill effects to the machine.
It's will say that I wasn't interested n the MyAir facility as I use Oscar, but I was a little concerned about the machine still being under the control of a DME somewhere who would be able to change the settings on the machine without my permission.

So initially I kept it in airplane mode, and then disconnected the modem.

I'm pretty sure there will also be a DME reset or a repairer reset, or possibly both, which reset even more settings
but you won't have easy access to them. I would expect them to need an external device to be plugged in, probably through the
oximeter connection.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 10:06 AM)mjphyi Wrote: I saw your other thread, and I think a reset is a good idea. I got my VAuto used, and I did one. No ill effects to the machine.
It's will say that I wasn't interested n the MyAir facility as I use Oscar, but I was a little concerned about the machine still being under the control of a DME somewhere who would be able to change the settings on the machine without my permission.

So initially I kept it in airplane mode, and then disconnected the modem.

I'm pretty sure there will also be a DME reset or a repairer reset, or possibly both, which reset even more settings
but you won't have easy access to them. I would expect them to need an external device to be plugged in, probably through the
oximeter connection.
That’s what I was looking for someone who has hit yes on full reset. Man you are a big help… I will go ahead and do that later on today and update as to my findings.

Your second comment on needing  an X ternal device Is something i hope I don’t have to get into.

We shall see… Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2020, 08:03 PM)mjphyi Wrote: However, when I took mine apart to disable the modem, that socket is connected to the rest of the device by a small flexible printed circuit track to accommodate the rotation of the hose, so I expect it's possible for it to break.

I don't suppose you may have taken pictures when you removed the modem?
I'm interested to know if you found it difficult to dissemble the casing.
I have all the tools to repair just about anything.

I'd like to check that connection.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 05:03 PM)3rdMarDiv Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 08:03 PM)mjphyi Wrote: However, when I took mine apart to disable the modem, that socket is connected to the rest of the device by a small flexible printed circuit track to accommodate the rotation of the hose, so I expect it's possible for it to break.

I don't suppose you may have taken pictures when you removed the modem?
I'm interested to know if you found it difficult to dissemble the casing.
I have all the tools to repair just about anything.

I'd like to check that connection.

Thanks

I may have taken some photos. I did watch this video.
Modem disabling video
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 578 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 969 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.