Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve VAUTO vs AST
AirCurve VAUTO vs AST
Hi there,

I wasn't sure if I need to post a new topic, but anyways.

Is there any chart comparing VAUTO vs AST? Does AST support all the modes of VAUTO i.e. VPAP Auto BiPap, etc?

I reviewed a few topics on the forum boards, but it is not very clear to me.

Also is there any definite way to tell if one has OSA or CSA besides the symptoms?

Thank You.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve VAUTO vs AST
I think you mean ASV (adaptive servo ventilator), and it is not similar to the Vauto. The Resmed Titration Guide discusses the application of all types of machines, the conditions they treat, how they react to events and how to titrate pressure. Start with this https://www.resmed.com/ us/dam/documents/products/titration/s9-vpap-tx/user-guide/1013904_Sleep_Lab_Titration_Guide_amer_eng.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2020, 10:47 AM)DayWalker Wrote: Also is there any definite way to tell if one has OSA or CSA besides the symptoms?

Yes, to determine this you need an all-night sleep test, preferable a polysomnography test, which will measure your brain waves along with heart rate, respiration rate, oxygen saturation levels in your blood, sleep posture, and movement of your limbs.

There are home polysomnography tests, but more commonly they are administered in sleep labs -- probably not on during the corona period.

You can also have a home test that does not measure brain waves, but that is going to yield less useful information.  (That's what I had, via Kaiser.  It turned out to be good enough to tell me I needed CPAP therapy.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You Sleeprider, very helpful info.

Dormeo, 

I did this sleep study at home, 2 belts around my chest and abdomen, oximeter and nasal tubes all hooked up to a recording device that recorded everything i.e. posture, movement all the sensors and voice. No polysomnography was done i.e. no brain waves. 

The pulmonologist didn't say anything about CSA but noted that he thinks CSA and maybe OHS but not sure. Well, the 'maybe OHS' is a different monster, different machine and different things than OSA... He said let's start with APAP and see how it goes. He just handed me an oximeter for my Airsense to monitor myself for 10 days. 

I am still in my honeymoon period with my APAP and judging by the numbers it couldn't have been better but I just want to be thorough and know everything, since there is nobody else who is more invested in my health than myself alone... and I'd rather spot errors earlier this time rather than be on treatments that do more harm than good as it happened before. 

Cheers,
Post Reply Post Reply
In general, the indication of Centrals, CA events, on your CPAP is considered to be sufficient.
Post Reply Post Reply
DayWalker, are you using Oscar? If you'd like to share a chart, you might get some more feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour, I got confused. Do you mean that me having CA (Clear Airway) events on my CPAP it indicates Central Sleep Apnea?

Dormeo, please look at this post. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ff-with-me
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, CA events ARE Central Apnea events.  Yes, it is possible to find a few that are actually obstructive, and OA events that are really CA events but on the whole, they are what they say they are.

Because the CPAP is not monitoring chest or belly expansion or EEG activity some vendors call them Clear Airway (meaning no restrictions) because they don't capture the lack of effort part required to call them Central Apnea.  So CA = Clear Airway = Central Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2020, 01:56 PM)bonjour Wrote: Yes, CA events ARE Central Apnea events.  Yes, it is possible to find a few that are actually obstructive, and OA events that are really CA events but on the whole, they are what they say they are.

Because the CPAP is not monitoring chest or belly expansion or EEG activity some vendors call them Clear Airway (meaning no restrictions) because they don't capture the lack of effort part required to call them Central Apnea.  So CA = Clear Airway = Central Apnea

Bonjour,

This means I have both and there are days where Oscar shows me I have more % CA than OA... overall a third of my readings for apnea are CA events.

Here is a snapshot (I've cut it this way, since there was old data (not mine) on the SD card when I rented it and I imported it by mistake) This shows last Week...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are such that you will not qualify for an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 852 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 555 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 462 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.