Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirCurve10 ST-A making clicking sound
AirCurve10 ST-A making clicking sound
I have had a new AirCurve10 ST-A for a couple of months.  It started making a clicking noise. When the machine switches from inhale pressure to exhale I am hearing a click.  Thanks to other members who also heard the click, I called my DME company and they got me a new machine. So far the new machine is not making the noise.  Just wanted others to know that this must be a known problem with the AirCurve10. If you hear a clicking noise, call your DME and get a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve10 ST-A making clicking sound
(07-20-2017, 08:46 AM)OldPolioLady Wrote: I have had a new AirCurve10 ST-A for a couple of months.  It started making a clicking noise. When the machine switches from inhale pressure to exhale I am hearing a click.  Thanks to other members who also heard the click, I called my DME company and they got me a new machine. So far the new machine is not making the noise.  Just wanted others to know that this must be a known problem with the AirCurve10. If you hear a clicking noise, call your DME and get a new machine.

Thanks! Helpful post. I have seen this problem reported before.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is probably the humidifier chamber.  I had that happen, and I switched chambers and it stopped.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same for me, the humidifier shifts back and forth.  Put your hand on the humidifier and see if it stops.  Sometimes that gets mine to stop the clicking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like others have said I believe it is the pressure in the humidifier causing it to open and close slightly. It seems to happen after about 4 or 5 months as the seal begins to compress and lose its volume.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OldPolioLady,
Thanks for sharing your experience and it’s great to hear that your problem was resolved.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 588 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 831 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 185 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 588 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.