Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

error cause?
error cause?
Hi I have a 5 year old RemStar Pro with humidifier that recently started having the ramp up light flash in the middle of the night and the system seemed to stop air flow temporarily. That's not good!   It woke me up so I un plugged and restarted the system and it seemed to stop that issue.  I am having trouble figuring out what the issue is.  Anyone have an idea or a link they can forward me?

Thanks in advance!

DaveH959
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: error cause?
I had two that did that, one started flashing a light, not sure what light it was, but the motor started making a noise and packed up.
The other did exactly what your one did, it did it a couple of times, so I put it into the Clinic to get fixed.  I was told later it was either a pressure switch or a software issue.  I got a replacement (good old NHS) and as it went back to the manufacturer to get fixed I will probably never know for sure what it was.  I suspect if you're one has not packed up, it will be the latter problem.
I opened one up that I bought and gave it a clean and there is not a huge amount to look at inside, a fan, a few small tubes, pressure switches, a circuit board that holds surface mounted switches and that is just about it.  Oh, and a huge lump of foam to hold it all together inside a hard outer cover.  I don't know how they can justify the price they ask for those machines?
I wouldn't take one apart unless you are used to doing these sort of things, they are a bit fiddly to put back together again.
There is not that many things inside, if any you will be able to fix anyway.  Trust me on that one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Five years is the expected service life of these machines.  It sounds like yours is starting to go.  I'd be thinking about a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DaveH959 ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like a newer machine is in order.
Good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 336 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 186 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 328 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,196 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 763 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Does a Large Leak Cause An AHI Error? BlueSky1958 3 814 07-19-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question [Equipment] Puritan bennet Goodknight 420g error In1 help Somniculosus 13 13,909 06-02-2023, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Kaao

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.