Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
I can't seem to find any reviews on this mask when I put the name in the search. Has it not been reviewed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
(06-15-2017, 01:54 PM)somnia16 Wrote: I can't seem to find any reviews on this mask when I put the name in the search. Has it not been reviewed?

Not yet as far as I can tell.   Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for bringing this up. I was scouring the board looking for a review as well. I am dying to try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got this mask after doing a lot of internet research and YouTube videos.

Only mask I have had with exception of hospital sleep study.

Can't really do an in depth review but like that the nose cushion is very comfortable.  Head gear keeps all vision above the the nose cushion open for reading or watching television.(of course i do neither when i put my mask on)  Very comfortable fitting head gear and magnet attachments which i really love.  Also the short hose that connects to larger hose is easily removed so you can go to bathroom if necessary.

Do some YouTube searches and you'll find lots of videos for this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it also. Was most surprised at the comfort. I had some leaks that I was able to fix without tightening. It is very lightweight. At first I thought mine was too small, but according to the size gizmo it was correct. So I persisted and have gotten super low AHI readings since I started using it. All under 3.0.

Wanted the AirFit F20 to work so bad...no way! Right now, this AirFit N20 is my mask to turn to. Just put a piece of tape under nose bridge area...a must for me, no matter how comfortable it is. My skin bruises super easily...ever since Chemo.
Post Reply Post Reply
For a couple years I used the Airfit N10 and was satisfied with it but the velcro materials used did not last falling apart so I decided to upgrade to the Airfit N20 and my AHI readings improved but the N20 also has some inconveniences like the added noise and vent air to your partner. Also, I do not like sleeping on my back so I sleep on my side on an upward sloped pillow and change sides during the night, in this case, the material of the N20 work better but not around the nasal contact areas of the N20 since it is more sensitive to leaks depending on fit and movement. Sometimes I wake up with many leaks as pressure increases during the night. The N20 has better lasting materials and magnetic clips which is nice but the mask gets hotter around the face so I have to bump up the A/C a bit.

Even though my AHI readings are consistently better in the N20, I do find myself yawning more and sometimes tired which I am tried to figure out.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is by far the best mask I have tried. The infinity seal is the most durable and leak free I have used and the headgear is more comfortable than the wisp that was my go-to before. I feel if they can somehow manage to breed a dreamwear top mounted hose with a similar infinity type mask i will be in heaven.
Post Reply Post Reply
My comparison is from a Wisp mask. And a P10.

Got an N20 a couple of days ago, the first thing to notice is how great the material and fit of nose-piece itself is, somehow it is so fluid it just disappears never bothering and most importantly staying in place for a habitual side / alternating sleeper.  

The headgear though, yes its nice and the magnets a great touch but I personally wish it were a little more minimal - compared to other Nasal masks its better than average but still quite a contraption, too much cloth, particularly for folks in a hot climate.

Although I have to say this is the first mask (out of maybe 10 I've tried so far nasal & pillows) that allows me to turn to either side without a concern, somehow their rubber gasket just deals with it perfectly.  And yes the overbuilt headgear is likely a factor of why this works so well. Smile

P.s.: And then you put this thing next to a P10, huge size difference...  I'll keep the P10 for travel, N20 for the home luxury.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 06:10 PM)DanPrado Wrote: My comparison is from a Wisp mask. And a P10.

Got an N20 a couple of days ago, the first thing to notice is how great the material and fit of nose-piece itself is, somehow it is so fluid it just disappears never bothering and most importantly staying in place for a habitual side / alternating sleeper.  

The headgear though, yes its nice and the magnets a great touch but I personally wish it were a little more minimal - compared to other Nasal masks its better than average but still quite a contraption, too much cloth, particularly for folks in a hot climate.

Although I have to say this is the first mask (out of maybe 10 I've tried so far nasal & pillows) that allows me to turn to either side without a concern, somehow their rubber gasket just deals with it perfectly.  And yes the overbuilt headgear is likely a factor of why this works so well. Smile

P.s.: And then you put this thing next to a P10, huge size difference...  I'll keep the P10 for travel, N20 for the home luxury.

As an update a week+ later, this has got to be the best mask for me so far!

I was always pursuing the minimal approach as in P10 but the N20 is proving to be the most comfortable / non-intrusive mask for me so far - yes its big but once on the nosepiece, on a loose and comfortable fit, just stays no matter how many times I turn.   And turns out the headgear is not as bothersome as the first nights.

So yes, at the moment this is my top mask, by far.  Still keeping a P10 for short business trips.

P.s.: There is really something special on the design of the nosepiece, material and engineering-wise.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to add my 2 cents on this mask.

I've been using the N20 for 3 weeks now. I came from a P10 and a Fischer&Pakel Simplus full face mask. I find this mask leaks much much less for me than the other two. I like the magnetic straps. Makes it very easy to put on and off. The venting in front is a little strange at first. Although I like that I can put my hand there to check if the machine is on. This mask is much easier for me to breath with than the other two. Sometimes I don't even know if my CPAP is on, it is so easy to breath with.

I am struggling to find the right tightness for the straps. I roll around a lot. I prefer to sleep on my side. I really like the straps looser, but then it leaks a little. I find if the top strap is too loose and the bottom is too tight, then I get slight leakage near the top of my nose/eyes. If I have the top strap tighter and the bottom looser, then the bottom of the mask works it's way up at night as I roll and it rubs against the bottom of my nose. I can tighter both, but then it seems a little too tight. Really not sure how tight it should be. If I just slept on my back or didn't roll, I guess it would be easy and I could keep it very loose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,678 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,149 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,221 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,122 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,812 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,068 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.