Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit/AirTouch F20 - hose connection?
Surprised 
AirFit/AirTouch F20 - hose connection?
I ordered an AirFit F20 online (from a sketchy vendor on Amazon... the price was right), and received an AirTouch F20.  (Oh well, I guess. I'd need a new cushion in a month anyway.)

No little hose came with it.  Is that just how it is?  Does the elbow connector just plug directly into the main hose from my machine?

I've gotten so used to the 9"(?) mini-hoses that come with the P10 and the Amara View... I guess I assumed all masks use those, so we don't have the heavier lanky tube running across our necks or wherever.

Does the F20 use a one of those mini-hoses that connect to the main hose?  Or do I just plug my main hose into it (it does fit)?

If it doesn't do the mini-hose thing... Have any of you rigged it to use one?  If so, I'd love to know how!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit/AirTouch F20 - hose connection?
The main hose just connects directly to the elbow there is no small hose on these masks
Post Reply Post Reply
If the large hose bothers you, the Circadiance SleepWeaver feather weight  tube may help. It has standard hose connections. It is, however, slightly stiffer than the short hose that comes with the P10. I use it with my FFM. Supplier #10 has it for around $15.00. If I remember right, they have free shipping in the U.S.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
 AirFit cushions last way longer, i used one for over a year.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2018, 01:31 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: I ordered an AirFit F20 online (from a sketchy vendor on Amazon... the price was right), and received an AirTouch F20.  (Oh well, I guess. I'd need a new cushion in a month anyway.)

No little hose came with it.  Is that just how it is?  Does the elbow connector just plug directly into the main hose from my machine?

I've gotten so used to the 9"(?) mini-hoses that come with the P10 and the Amara View... I guess I assumed all masks use those, so we don't have the heavier lanky tube running across our necks or wherever.

Does the F20 use a one of those mini-hoses that connect to the main hose?  Or do I just plug my main hose into it (it does fit)?

If it doesn't do the mini-hose thing... Have any of you rigged it to use one?  If so, I'd love to know how!

That's an elbow directly to the hose connection. No extra special hose needed. I actually like it that way because my heated hose goes all the way to the mask elbow.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Makes sense.

I slept with it like that last night, and it was heavier on my face/head/neck. We'll see if I can get used to that.

I need a Home Depot for CPAP hoses and connectors, so I can make my own mini-hose extension! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, if it didn't come with it, I highly recommend get the QuietAir Elbow -- a HUGE difference from the regular one (which I don't think they are even using any more, so it all depends on when your supplier obtained the mask from the distributor).
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2018, 12:15 PM)ShoshTrvls Wrote: By the way, if it didn't come with it, I highly recommend get the QuietAir Elbow -- a HUGE difference from the regular one (which I don't think they are even using any more, so it all depends on when your supplier obtained the mask from the distributor).

Thanks!  I'd read about that being superior.  I don't know how to know if I have it or not.  The box didn't mention it at all; but it also didn't come with any sort of papers to read.  But it was pretty quiet last night - didn't bother me at all; it was quieter than the Amara View.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2018, 02:03 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 12:15 PM)ShoshTrvls Wrote: By the way, if it didn't come with it, I highly recommend get the QuietAir Elbow -- a HUGE difference from the regular one (which I don't think they are even using any more, so it all depends on when your supplier obtained the mask from the distributor).

Thanks!  I'd read about that being superior.  I don't know how to know if I have it or not.  The box didn't mention it at all; but it also didn't come with any sort of papers to read.  But it was pretty quiet last night - didn't bother me at all; it was quieter than the Amara View.

You can see images I posted via this review over here.

PS Quiet Air has an opaque plastic ring covering the exhaust ports.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, ok.  I don't believe I have an opaque ring.  Mine looks different from yours. 

My lot number is a much lower # than yours.  So I likely bought an old one that a DME is pawning off on Amazon.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,667 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,650 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,678 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,515 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 675 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,950 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,295 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.