Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F10 versus Quattro Air
AirFit F10 versus Quattro Air
I am using the Quattro FX but have been getting leaks. I went to Lincare, my Medicare approved HME supplier, and was given the Quattro Mirage. One night and I had a bruise on the bridge of my nose. When I called them, at first they told me I had to wait 6 months to try another mask. After complaining they told me I could come back next week and get a different one but only one. I have been reading about the Quattro Air for her, being lighter and still having a forehead support but now I see there is a new Quattro Airfit F10. Any info would be appreciated, since I can only try one. Don't understand how other patients can get 30 day trials. When I began cpap over a 18 months ago and not on medicare, I had a different HME that was much easier to work with, but not on approved list for medicare. Getting very frustrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit F10 versus Quattro Air
The Airfit F10 uses the same cushion as the Quattro Air so the fit will be the same. I haven't tried the F10, but it's on my list to try. I really like the design of the headgear and reviews of the Quattro Air are positive leak wise for the most part.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2014, 09:46 AM)spc23 Wrote: I am using the Quattro FX but have been getting leaks. I went to Lincare, my Medicare approved HME supplier, and was given the Quattro Mirage. One night and I had a bruise on the bridge of my nose. When I called them, at first they told me I had to wait 6 months to try another mask. After complaining they told me I could come back next week and get a different one but only one. I have been reading about the Quattro Air for her, being lighter and still having a forehead support but now I see there is a new Quattro Airfit F10. Any info would be appreciated, since I can only try one. Don't understand how other patients can get 30 day trials. When I began cpap over a 18 months ago and not on medicare, I had a different HME that was much easier to work with, but not on approved list for medicare. Getting very frustrated.

Are there any other suppliers in your area? Lincare is being a putz.

That aside, the Quattro Air is a definite improvement over the Mirage when it comes to comfort. You will not have a nosy problem using it. As far as fit is concerned I found I still had to use a mask liner. The Remzzzz are nice, disposable and all that. I got a "Pad-a-cheek" liner and like it fine. The new F10 sounds like a Quattro Air with yet more simplifications and improvements. So it's probably a very nice mask too.

I think you will be happy with whichever one of them you can score. I think you will also be happy with someone other than Lincare.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Air for a few months. It's extremely light and comfortable. I do get leaks in the night occurring from slight changes in sleeping position. The seal part of the cushion is not the regular sticky plastic-wrap kind silicone but a smooth one.

I suspect the F10 provides much stronger support in the middle of the cushion which should help a lot with any leaking during sleep shifting.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks to all. Since I have to use a medicare approved supplier, Lincare is the closest. Binson is also listed but when I tried to call them, I got a busy signal over and over. I will try again but doesn't seem very customer oriented. My previous HME had a large walk-in office with supplies on hand. Unfortunatley, they are not approved for supplies in my zipcode. Think this will be happening to a lot more people as medicare requires bids to become an approved supplier. The big comglomerates that deal in mail order but have few personell to aid in fittings on site will take over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started CPAP in Feb. 2014 with Quattro Air; it was very comfortable, but I could not control the leaks until I found mask liners, and that was a game changer for me.

Shortly after the F10 came out, I tried out and I absolutely love it! Uses the same cushion, but I feel so free without the headgear strap that goes around my head. I still need the mask liners, but I have much better control of the leaks. The F10 is now my main mask and the Air is my backup mask... with interchangeable cushions, I don't need to be dealing with two kinds of cushions, and that is a plus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2014, 06:27 PM)DNB128 Wrote: I started CPAP in Feb. 2014 with Quattro Air; it was very comfortable, but I could not control the leaks until I found mask liners, and that was a game changer for me.

Shortly after the F10 came out, I tried out and I absolutely love it! Uses the same cushion, but I feel so free without the headgear strap that goes around my head. I still need the mask liners, but I have much better control of the leaks. The F10 is now my main mask and the Air is my backup mask... with interchangeable cushions, I don't need to be dealing with two kinds of cushions, and that is a plus.
thanks for your reply. I am still struggling with the "Air" but I found that if my face is really clean of oils, I have less leaks. I still try the liners too. My AHI is still on the high side so not sure if it's working well even when it registers no leaks on machine. Sleepyhead software shows leaks even when my machine says 0%.
Post Reply Post Reply
spc, having tried both, I prefer the F10, I find it a little more comfortable. It's lighter weight and the headgear is a bit more minimalist.

Liners really help.

If you have some money to spare, you can trial masks from online suppliers. Some of them have generous return policies. I have tried many different masks and paid for 2 plus a small return insurance fee for one. I realize this is not an option for everyone but it is an investment in your long term health and comfort and worthwhile if you can IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, darn, I am still trying to decide between the F10 and the P10. flopping around like I do seems to favor the P10, expect for not being able to find a comfortable solution to the mouth breathing - sigh. The F10 works great if I lay on my back, which works fine until I fall asleep and instantly start flopping around like a fish out of water. At which point I spend the night "adjusting" the F10 to stop the leaks, or I can defeat the design and tighten the straps down to where a hurricane could not move the mask, and of course at that point it is no longer comfortable.

I came to this thread because someone said the Quattro Air was so comfortable, I thought I might try it, but at $170 each, it would have to be really great, and from this thread it appears it still has leak issues and many people find the F10 more comfortable. In fact they both use the same cushion and so the difference seems to be in the headgear or straps... I don't think I will pop for $170 on the outside chance it might be better.

I am starting to consider that tube of super glue in my desk and how I don't really need to open my lips that often...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
By-the-by?

In case no one has mentioned it before? One 'clue' to *not* getting good therapy is moving around a lot at night. Unless you have some other condition causing issues (like I have pain issues that tends to cause me to shift my legs often), if you are getting 'great' therapy at night, one sure sign is hardy moving at all - like your bed looking as if it had hardly been slept in? Just food for thought...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,969 27 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,122 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.