Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F10 with PR Dreamstation compatible?
AirFit F10 with PR Dreamstation compatible?
I currently use Amara View and not getting good results, lots of leak, especially when I go up past 9.5 in pressure. Wanted to try another full face mask but nothing else from PR interests me. The AirFit F10 looks quite comfortable and has awesome reviews. Was wondering if tubing would be compatible between AirFit and Dreamstation. Also, I remember there's a setting to choose for Dreamstation depending on which mask you use. What setting would I pick if I were to use the AirFit? Is anyone using this combination?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit F10 with PR Dreamstation compatible?
The couplers for masks are all 22 millimeters. So, hose fit is certain.
The PR machine has a resistance setting. (Resmed has a mask type setting.)

I'm sure that there are people who use this machine/ mask combination.

The Resmed P10 nasal pillow mask is used by many PR machine owners.
Someone will know what resistance setting to use for the F10 mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I used an AirFit F10 with a DreamStation. No problem. My supplier listed it as just another option. The AirFit F10 is a great mask and has a quick disconnect fitting so you can leave the mask on for a late night bathroom trip. Just unclip the hose. This uncomplicates the process greatly. After using a Quattro fx for years I found the AirFit F10 huge improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2016, 03:45 PM)Zeeez Wrote: I used an AirFit F10 with a DreamStation. No problem. My supplier listed it as just another option. The AirFit F10 is a great mask and has a quick disconnect fitting so you can leave the mask on for a late night bathroom trip. Just unclip the hose. This uncomplicates the process greatly. After using a Quattro fx for years I found the AirFit F10 huge improvement.

Do you remember what resistance setting you used?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pennidragon,
Did you ever get an answer to your question regarding the resistance setting (Mask Type)?

I have the same setup you have and I am having the same difficulty determining the number to use. I have a feeling it should be set to "OFF" because I can't find a number. The options are 1 through 5 and OFF for the Mask Type. The DreamStation manual indicates this is the setting is to adjust the pressure relief based on the specific Philips Respironics mask. Each Philips Respironics mask may have a "System One" resistance control setting.

Thank you.
Hello, Pennidragon.

X1 is used for all full face masks on the DreamStation, regardless of the brand. Or, as previously stated, you can just turn the resistance settings off.

Good luck with your therapy. Sleep well.

Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Pennidragon.

X1 is used for all full face masks on the DreamStation regardless of the brand. Or, as previously stated, you can just turn the resistance settings.

Good luck with your therapy. Sleep well.

Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used this combo of dreamstation and Airfit F10 for 3 months and love the soothing feeling of the gel double layer mask. My sleep Dr. recommended this mask first for me since the first time a year ago I was not able to be compliant with the insurance requirements. No problems this time except you have to replace the liner fairly often to prevent leaks.

The setting for mask type on the dreamstation, I keep turned off since there was no specific setting for this mask type combo. I investigated on the internet and never found that is made a difference on this dreamstation. You might find something different, but I have no problems with this feature being off.

I also have the Amara View and like the fact that I can read or watch TV but for higher pressures even around 10, I had too many leaks to get good restful sleep. Both of these masks require minimal head gear tightness however sometimes I have to tighten enough to stop leaks.

Good luck in your CPAP therapy. I have learned to love the sleep therapy where once I didn't want to go to sleep! like
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

To those who are currently using this set up (DreamStation + AirFit F10 mask), are you using any sort of attachment to connect them together?

I recently purchased both, and there's no physical way that I can see, to attach the mask to the hose (I also have another mask, which fits perfectly to the hose). Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Carl J - Welcome
All masks, other than those designed for the new small travel machines, have a common hose attachment size.  Most FFM's employ a bushing/quick disconnect that fits in the hose end.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,446 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,907 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,777 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 944 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.