Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F20 "For Her" for him?
AirFit F20 "For Her" for him?
Hi,

I was looking at the F10's and F20's for a 2nd full face mask since my Amara View is crowding my nose (I ordered a medium cushion to replace my small hoping that will help) and I don't like the over top of the head strap. 

From what I read on here from a F20 review that it is certainly a step up from the F10 so that answers that.
I chatted with a Sales person at Supplier #1 because I saw that the F20 "For Her" consistently was getting better reviews than the normal version of F20.
They said it has the same cushion sizes  as the normal F20, but the headgear is softer and a little different style and also smaller than a regular F20. They implied that the "For Her" version gets better reviews because the head gear is more comfortable. 

What I want to know is there anyone else who can vouch for this or note differences from the normal and "For Her" version?
More importantly, is there any guys who have tried the normal F20 and the "For Her" version? 
I printed out the sizing guide for the normal F20 and looks like I'm a medium. If the cushion size is the same (as suggested from seller) and only the headgear is smaller, I should still fit a medium cushioned "For Her" version?

I now know the AirSense 10 Auto "For Her" has more options than the normal AirSense 10 Auto and it has higher reviews also (wishing I would have got that one instead in hindsight), so I can't help but to believe their is real validity that the F20 "For Her" is better than the regular F20.

Any feedback would be appreciated before I dump another $150 on a mask...

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit F20 "For Her" for him?
I moved from the Amara View to the F20 several weeks ago. I really like the F20 but if you don't like a mask with a strap over the top of your head it's not for you. Not only is there a strap over the top of your head just like the Amara View but, unlike the Amara View, the strap over the top of the head is not adjustable. Also, if you haven't already noted, the F-20 headgear comes in three sizes, SM, MED, & LG. From several of the online suppliers you can specify the headgear size. I have seen no guidance on headgear sizing.

I use a med F20 cushion which fits me well. Because I got the mask from my DME, it came in a package with MED headgear by default. I didn't know there were different sizes and I whish the strap over the head were slightly longer so I might be better off with the LG headgear.

The magnet connectors are much easier to use than the hooks on the Amara View.

Sorry, but I can't help you with respect to the her version. I hope some of this information is helpful.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think I'd have the same problem with the head gear because I actually have to look pretty hard just to find hats in small sizes to fit me. Otherwise, they are too big.
From what I understand, the "For Her" only comes in small head gear size, but not positive.

Ya, I don't like the over head strap, but almost all the good masks that are full face have them.
I definitely would prefer the magnets because those clips on the Amara really p*** me off in the dark!
Other than that, I'm waiting until the medium cushion arrives for the Amara before I order an F20 to see if I like it better then.
Small head doesn't always equal small face apparently. Who knows, maybe my nose won't feel cramped with the medium cushion.
Either way, I wanted to get some feedback on the F20 and comparison to the "For Her" version before buying.
Good to know you like your F20 over the Amara in case I do go that route which I may due just for the magnets connections...
Post Reply Post Reply
The main problem with the Amara View is that the large cushion is more narrow than the medium cushion for the F20 and I often had leak problems at the corners of my mouth.  I don't think of myself as having a big face although my wife sometimes tells me I'm "big headed". Smile
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman, I agree with you on the width of the 2 masks. With all the PR mask that I have tried I always got leaks out of the corners of my mouth. The Resmed mask are wide and I don't get leaks. For that reason I only use Resmed masks.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I received my Medium cushion going from a Small on the Amara yesterday and I had a bit less crowding and pressure on the upper area of my nostrils which mad it better, but still didn't seem like a perfect fit. My nose still felt squeezed near the top of my nostrils a bit, but not as bad as before. Maybe I do need a large, but the sizing charts definitely don't say that which is why I got the small in the 1st place. I think the narrowness you are referring to is the same thing that is causing my nose to feel squeezed which make it harder for me to nose breath which is def bad since I have a hard time breathing through my nose already with no mask due to deviated septum...

When you went from a Medium on Amara to a Medium Cushion on F20, it was a good match for you in regards to size? I think I am just going to order a Medium F20 this week after reading your comment that the nose covering isnt as narrow. I think that will solve my problem. Everything else besides the nose squeeze on the Medium Amara Cushion feels borderline too big so not thinking going a Large Cushion would help on the Amara or I'm going to have to strap it hard to keep from leaking which I already had to tighten up the Medium one last night more than I had the small to prevent that. 

BTW-do you have any markings that last long on your face from the F20? One of the reasons I chose to go with the Amara in the 1st place was its advertising being the only mask that doesn't leave marks in the morning. I really don't care about field of vision since I only will use when going to sleep.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2017, 11:21 AM)Orionsnet Wrote: Well I received my Medium cushion going from a Small on the Amara yesterday and I had a bit less crowding and pressure on the upper area of my nostrils which mad it better, but still didn't seem like a perfect fit. My nose still felt squeezed near the top of my nostrils a bit, but not as bad as before. Maybe I do need a large, but the sizing charts definitely don't say that which is why I got the small in the 1st place. I think the narrowness you are referring to is the same thing that is causing my nose to feel squeezed which make it harder for me to nose breath which is def bad since I have a hard time breathing through my nose already with no mask due to deviated septum...

When you went from a Medium on Amara to a Medium Cushion on F20, it was a good match for you in regards to size? I think I am just going to order a Medium F20 this week after reading your comment that the nose covering isnt as narrow. I think that will solve my problem. Everything else besides the nose squeeze on the Medium Amara Cushion feels borderline too big so not thinking going a Large Cushion would help on the Amara or I'm going to have to strap it hard to keep from leaking which I already had to tighten up the Medium one last night more than I had the small to prevent that. 

BTW-do you have any markings that last long on your face from the F20? One of the reasons I chose to go with the Amara in the 1st place was its advertising being the only mask that doesn't leave marks in the morning. I really don't care about field of vision since I only will use when going to sleep.

Thanks!

I think you are confusing not leaving marks on the bridge of your nose with not leaving marks on your face at all.  When I tried the Amara I certainly had some minor marks on my cheek from the straps.  It's just because you don't have the nasal part going all the way up on your nasal bridge that you won't get any marks there.  I never got along well with the Amara at all.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
oThe F20 headgear straps leave marks on my face but the mask does not. They disappear after an hour or so.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
i went ahead and ordered the "For Her" version with a Medium Cushion. It is supposed to have softer more padded head gear than the normal F20, but the head gear is smaller. I'll report back after it arrives to tell how it goes and if it leaves facial markings or not from straps or cushion. I would expect the Cushion effect should be the same since they both use the same cushions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the "For Her" F20 and tried it out last weekend. One thing that disappointed me was it is missing a short foot or two connection tube that the P10 and Amara View both have that would plug into the ClimateLine tube. I am wondering if the seller didn't include one or if you have to buy one separate with this mask. If so, I can't find one on the parts/Accessories for the F20. That ClimateLine tube is a lot heavier so I can feel it on me and have less length to move around. Does anyone know if it should have came with a connection hose like the Airfit P10 has or is there's a 3rd party short lightweight hose like what the P10 has that will connect to ClimateLine and the F20?

The larger issue I have is the top of this mask that sits on the bridge of my nose is leaving a red mark and think it may have actually bruised it because the red mark never went away before using the mask again. The mask doesn't feel too tight so I don't think it is that.

Besides the lack of a lightweight connection hose and the red mark it leaves on the top of my nose, I can definitely breathe easier than I can with the Amara View.
The way the nose cushion is on the Amara View, it makes it harder for me to nose breathe. However, it doesn't hurt my nose or leave a red mark. Not sure which one I am going to stick with. The no marking on my nose and more freedom of movement from the Amara View may have me just biting the bullet to spend all the extra time it takes for me to get it positioned perfect to where I can get ample air to my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,232 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,300 6 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.