Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F20 "For Her" for him?
RE: AirFit F20 "For Her" for him?
When I trialed the F20 I never got a connection tube with it. The Climateline hose plugged directly into the end of the mask. Not sure about 3'rd party suppliers for a connection tube on the F20. I have never heard of such a thing myself.

As to the mark on the bridge of your nose. Are you sure it wasn't tightened down too much? The mask should literally be "floating" on the cushions on your face. Remember that if you set it to a certain tightness in front of a mirror, when you lie down it will almost certainly be quite a bit tighter once you lay back on the pillow. I would try to loosen it somewhat but perhaps use another mask until the current mark on your nose goes away.
Post Reply Post Reply
My F20 also did not come with a short connection hose. Most full face masks I have used do not. The Amara view is the exception in my experience. I also had the sore red spot on the bridge of my nose after the first night. A little lanolin took care of it and it hasn't recurred.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback, that's a bummer there's no lightweight connection hose like the P10 has!
This especially causes me a problem using antibacterial filters as now I have to connect it right on the mask where the ClimateLine connects instead of a foot or so away. I may have to abandon the hose filter on this mask Sad

I'll try loosening it more, but when I did that before I'd start getting leaks on the sides. You may be right though I just didn't tweak the straps enough.

I'll also give Lanolin a shot if I can find it at the sore, if not I have some other lotions. Did you put on before putting your mask on at night or to heal in the morning?
Post Reply Post Reply
I put it on in the morning. Another forum member recommends putting it on at night; says it doesn't compromise the seal.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thanks. Red mark is still there from last weekend so I'll wait for it to go away 1st.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use lanolin with my nasal pillows. It  doesn't compromise the seal at all.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What kind of antibacterial filters are you using at the end of your hose and why are you using them?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I bought a pack of these filters that connect between the tubing and mask:
AirLife Disposable Bacteria Filter BAX00185
Description:
Product description
AirLife disposable respiratory filter traps bacteria and viral particles by electrostatic attraction and its dense makeup. Filter provides defense against infection. Small, lightweight and translucent, our hydrophobic filter resists moisture and offers easy visualization of water buildup. Latex-free.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure why you would need these filters... IMHO it is not needed and you are spending money that could be better spent on something else. Just my opinion. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It is my understanding and the way that I wear it that the top of the cushion should be on the nasal bridge but up against your brow. Resmed advises that one don the mask, connect to machine, turn machine on. Pull the mask away from your face slightly to allow the air pressure to inflate the flexible cushion. Allow the mask to settle back on the face with the top of the membrane at the top of your nasal bridge (against your brow).

When I started with the F20 it took a while for me to adapt to the mask and the mask to adapt to me. I went back and forth between the F20 and my Mirage Quattro. It seemed like the more I wore the F20, the better it was with out my doing anything in particular to improve it. Resmed warns against sliding the mask down your nose as it may cause wrinkles in the membrane which may cause leaks.

I like the features of the F20 but it does not quite perform as well as the Mirage Quattro for me.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,121 53 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,974 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,129 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.