Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F20 Mask Problems
AirFit F20 Mask Problems
Hi, new to forum and fairly new to using CPAP.

I am tearing the seal on the AirFit F20 at the bridge of the nose.  First cushion lasted over 3 months but next 3 have torn after just days of use.  Not sure if its something I'm doing or what.  

If this is a known issue with a fix I'd appreciate some help.

If no fix some info on good full face masks.  Am a mouth breather so full face is the best choice for me.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit F20 Mask Problems
Are you talking about the F20 with the 'memory foam', if so, they don't last very long and that is why I haven't bothered with them.  If your NOT talking about the F20 with the foam, then there is an issue, I haven't seen or heard of the regular F20's being a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using the AirFit F20 which is the silicone seal.  The memory foam one is the AirTouch F20.

The silicone is tearing right at the bridge of the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
F20 is only supposed to last 3 months. Air tough is 1 month. Maybe you might have it too tight?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I'm only getting a few days on them.  Was sent two new cushions last week and blew the seal on one last night.  Trying to adjust top straps of head gear just tight enough to stop leaks.  I do roll to my stomach at night.  Wonder if face down is putting too much pressure on seal?
Post Reply Post Reply
If there is a problem with the F20 silicone seal it must be due to a change. I've been using the same F20 silicone cushion for a little over a year.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is the second thread I've seen on this lately. The first was here. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...+nose+tear

If you don't mind, can you say where you got the mask without using a web site address?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem. I was gently washing it and it ribbed in 2 spots just by touching it. It was just a couple of weeks old. The next one I got 5 months of usage with no rips. I contacted Resmed to tell them of a potential problem. They ultimately sent me a new one and asked for the old one so they could look at it. here is the number, 1 (800) 424-0737 (toll-free) in United States and Canada and website 

https://www.resmed.com/ap/en/healthcare-...ntact.html

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...airfit+f20

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Through a medical equipment supplier associated with the company that dispensed my CPAP.  Not over the internet.  I called the supply company, was due a regular cushion issue and they added a second one.  Not sure if insurance will cover both if they charged for both.

I did post my concerns on ResMed's Facebook page and Twitter account.  Not a sound out of ResMed.  At least thought they would acknowledge that I posted.  Not getting a good feeling about this company.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rowdie,
I found 2 more links about my problem

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...er-service

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ice-Part-2

car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,242 5 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,308 10 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.