Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F20 Mask Problems
RE: AirFit F20 Mask Problems
I had the same problem with the first AirFit F20 also. I was told there were problems with manufacture and my supplier replaced it at no cost. The tearing has been resolved . 
good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope so but tore one last week, and one a week earlier.  On my last cushion.  Have adjusted top and bottom straps of headgear to be as loose as possible without excessive leaking.  Figure I can tolerate some slight leakage in order to minimize seal pressure on nose.  

Curious what other full face masks you folks like?
Post Reply Post Reply
Fisher and Paykel Simplus is my everyday mask. I can't say that I've honestly worn one out. Never had an issue.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2018, 09:24 PM)JesseLee Wrote: Fisher and Paykel Simplus is my everyday mask. I can't say that I've honestly worn one out. Never had an issue.

What do you do about air leaks around the nose? The lower part of the mask does not leak but I have a huge leak on the right side of the nose ?. If I take my finger and gently press in on part where the leak is the ballooning out stops and the leak goes away. As soon as I remove my finger it balloons back out and starts blowing air into my right eye. The strap is so tight that the plastic piece it’s connected to pulls hard into my forehead and gives me a headache. 

It is the same headgear you are using.

Barron
RedBarron

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first for the Jew, and also for the Greek [Gentile]." Romans 1:16 CSB
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2018, 10:26 PM)Barron1961 Wrote: What do you do about air leaks around the nose? The lower part of the mask does not leak but I have a huge leak on the right side of the nose ?. If I take my finger and gently press in on part where the leak is the ballooning out stops and the leak goes away. As soon as I remove my finger it balloons back out and starts blowing air into my right eye. The strap is so tight that the plastic piece it’s connected to pulls hard into my forehead and gives me a headache. 

I use the Simplus as well.  I've found that the lower straps control leak and the upper straps are for positioning.  The Simplus will leak around the nose if I tighten the upper straps. I've found that leaving them slack eliminates the nose leak.  I have it set so I can easily place my thumb between the upper strap attachment and my forehead.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2018, 10:49 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 10:26 PM)Barron1961 Wrote: What do you do about air leaks around the nose? The lower part of the mask does not leak but I have a huge leak on the right side of the nose ?. If I take my finger and gently press in on part where the leak is the ballooning out stops and the leak goes away. As soon as I remove my finger it balloons back out and starts blowing air into my right eye. The strap is so tight that the plastic piece it’s connected to pulls hard into my forehead and gives me a headache. 

I use the Simplus as well.  I've found that the lower straps control leak and the upper straps are for positioning.  The Simplus will leak around the nose if I tighten the upper straps. I've found that leaving them slack eliminates the nose leak.  I have it set so I can easily place my thumb between the upper strap attachment and my forehead.

I readjusted the strap on top of the head because the headgear was not fitting the crown of my head. Now It sits a little bit lower. Then I readjusted the top straps to make the loose enough to slide my thumb underneath. That kept the plastic piece the straps connect to from digging into my forehead. That should alleviate the headaches. Then I readjusted the bottom straps to adjust for the nose leak and turned on mask fit for a few minutes. No major leakage yet. I tried lying down instead of sitting up. It’s easy to adjust when sitting up straight, but laying down is how I will sleep. I will try it tonight and see if I have a better night tonight. 

Thanks for your help. You might of solved my problem.  like Thanks
RedBarron

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first for the Jew, and also for the Greek [Gentile]." Romans 1:16 CSB
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate the feed back, information, and kindness you guys have offered this newbie. Thanks.

One more question. I use a medium Airfit F20. Would that size carry over to the S&P Simplex mask? I do have fairly a broad nose and wondering if that might be part of the issues I'm having.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the F&P Simplus and Eson sizing guide:
[attachment=6092]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Comparing the wife's F20 to my Simplus, they are very similar in size. Both medium. I used the F20 medium and it felt good to me, and I use a medium Simplus.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2018, 10:49 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:

I tried this last night and didn’t have very good results. My AHI was up slightly and leakage was over 25.8%. To be honest I thought I did pretty good; nothing to suggest the numbers I got from Sleepyhead. I know I don’t remember any leaks until sometime after sunrise and I slept on my right side for most of the night so not sure how that contributed to mask leakage. I am going to try again tonight and see what happens.
RedBarron

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 45 2,966 24 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,002 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 168 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.