Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F20 homemade Mask Liner
RE: AirFit F20 homemade Mask Liner
A followup. I've been using the sock suggestion for several days on my new AirTouch and it's a game changer. I now sleep thru the night and don't have to fool with the mask nor are there loud noises keeping my husband awake. There are few leaks reported and no large leaks. Many, many thanks to Kosoku for figuring this out!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 08:47 AM)stevenospam Wrote: A followup. I've been using the sock suggestion for several days on my new AirTouch and it's a game changer. I now sleep thru the night and don't have to fool with the mask nor are there loud noises keeping my husband awake. There are few leaks reported and no large leaks. Many, many thanks to Kosoku for figuring this out!

Awesome. Glad to hear some positive feedback. Yes for the price of a pair of thin socks this works amazingly well. The occasional leak if I don't get the sock on properly is worth never having to hear the face farts again. Not even once has it happened since using the sock. I have had the occasional night of large leaks but I think that is just me not getting the sock on properly and it shifts during the night. I think I might even try the airtouch to compare the foam vs the plastic of the airfit to see which is more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem as you do with the same mask.
thanks for posting the sock idea and keep us updated please and thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Any objections if I appropriate your photos and portions of your text into the Mask Primer?

If not I would appreciate a picture of a whole sock, a cut sock, and your mask side by side.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
What a great idea Bonjour! If Kosoku hadn't replied to one of my posts, I wouldn't have learned the sock trick. I did read the mask primer when trying to figure out how to get a mask that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a product called Snugz which seems to be exactly what you're doing but a retail version. The only difference I see is that the raw edges are hemmed/finished.

I'm using it with the F20 AirFit, and it most certainly has eliminated the silicone burps. But it sort of hisses throughout the night (either loudly or pretty quietly), depending on how it is adjusted. I've found more success in getting more silicone in touch with my nose.

But the hem on it leaves deep marks on my face; and the hem means the edge is thicker which I believe causes more of the hissing/leaking. So I think it's worth it for me to go buy some dress socks and cut them up!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 12:06 PM)bonjour Wrote: Any objections if I appropriate your photos and portions of your text into the Mask Primer?

If not I would appreciate a picture of a whole sock, a cut sock, and your mask side by side.

Thanks

Hi Bonjour. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Haven't been on the forum for a bit due to a new job.
Feel free to use any photo and text in the Mask primer.
Those are the only photos I have unfortunately. If i ever find those socks again, can't remember where I got them, I will definitively create the photos.
By the way everyone, I still use the sock nightly and enjoy a noise free experience and low AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried this and hoping to get a longer life. Great simple idea but they are usually the best ones
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried this, and it was a game-changer!  You are a genius!  I used some nylon dress socks and will play around with hems later, but this was comfortable for now and took seconds to make.  I attached some of my pictures ???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,074 1 hour ago
Last Post: Domino96
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,972 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 984 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,128 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.