Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives
AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives
I’m currently using a Resmed AirFit F30 mask.

I switched to a full face mask because, after losing a lot of weight, I found myself tending to open my mouth while sleeping.  That led to air escape and dry mouth.  It wasn’t always an open mouth, sometimes it was just air pressure pushing past closed lips.

I tried a FF mask for the first time, but it has issues, too.  Lots of straps make it tough to get an optimum fit.  And if I drool during sleep the mask gets all slobbery.

Biggest problem is that after about 3-4 hours it leaks enough to wake me up.  Sweat, skin oils, and saliva accumulate to prevent a good skin-fo-mask seal and air leaks are the result. So at least once, and sometimes twice a night, I have to get up and wash my face and wipe down the mask seal so I can get back to sleep.

Anyone have a good, solid, full face mask they really like?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives
I have been using a F-P 431 for about ten years, I tried my wife's F30 and found it to be too sensitive to being dislodged. Still straps!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2022, 09:59 PM)dataq1 Wrote: I have been using a F-P 431 for about ten years, I tried my wife's F30 and found it to be too sensitive to being dislodged. Still straps!

Thanks for that suggestion.  The thing I do like about the F30 is that it isn’t very bulky.  But the compromise is that it is tough to get and maintain a solid seal all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also experienced a lot of leaks with the F30. I've tried a couple of Resmed masks but they didn't work for me. I have had much better success with Fisher & Paykel. The Vitera is a great mask, but I did have issues with irritation on the bridge of my nose. I am now using the Evora Full Face and it is working quite well.

However, with all the masks I have tried I tend to wake up in the middle of the night with a sweaty face and a leaky seal. My skin seems to have a bad reaction to the silicone. Once I started using a mask liner this problem went away.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 07:00 AM)Baushka Wrote: I also experienced a lot of leaks with the F30. I've tried a couple of Resmed masks but they didn't work for me. I have had much better success with Fisher & Paykel. The Vitera is a great mask, but I did have issues with irritation on the bridge of my nose. I am now using the Evora Full Face and it is working quite well.

However, with all the masks I have tried I tend to wake up in the middle of the night with a sweaty face and a leaky seal. My skin seems to have a bad reaction to the silicone. Once I started using a mask liner this problem went away.

The Evora looks very similar to the F30.  That’s one I will start looking at more closely.  Yes, after a certain number of hours I get the same leaks all around the seal from moisture between my skin and the mask.

The Vitera is the larger, above the nose, style.  I’ve also had problems with irritation on the bridge of my nose with masks like that.

Can you provide more info on mask liners?
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought an F&P Evora Full full face mask because I couldn't get a loaner. It had been spoken of very highly here.

My trial lasted about 5 days. I tried it alone, and with a cervical collar. Then I tried it with my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap over the headgear.

We're all different.

Plus? It's really well made
Another Plus? I can wear it all night. I've tried many ffm's and never had one that would allow me to wear it all night [claustrophobia]
Minus? the headgear slips on me every time I move.
Another Minus? The Knightsbridge DB should help; doesn't for me. I keep waking up to see if the mask is leaking. Learned respsonse? And if I get up to go to the little room....I'm likely to take off KDB and or the mask. By the time I figure it out, I come back and put my Resmed N20 on, and tape my lips shut.

the Evora Full is in the stack of masks that didn't work, but I paid too much to throw it away.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 08:47 AM)DaveL Wrote: I bought an F&P Evora Full full face mask because I couldn't get a loaner. It had been spoken of very highly here.

My trial lasted about 5 days.  I tried it alone, and with a cervical collar. Then I tried it with my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap over the headgear.

We're all different.

Plus? It's really well made
Another Plus?  I can wear it all night. I've tried many ffm's and never had one that would allow me to wear it all night [claustrophobia]
Minus? the headgear slips on me every time I move.
Another Minus?  The Knightsbridge DB should help; doesn't for me. I keep waking up to see if the mask is leaking. Learned respsonse?  And if I get up to go to the little room....I'm likely to take off KDB and or the mask. By the time I figure it out, I come back and put my Resmed N20 on, and tape my lips shut.

the Evora Full is in the stack of masks that didn't work, but I paid too much to throw it away.

I read through your experience with the Evora.  That sounds similar to my first few weeks with my F30.
 Eventually I found the strap adjustment sweet spot, but it was a struggle.  I’m getting more leaks again and now I suspect, in addition to straps stretching and the usual skin moisture issues that interfere with a good seal, now the silicone seal is starting to age to the point it isn’t as flexible as it was when new and it’s time for replacement.  I’m either going to simply replace the cushion or take this opportunity to try something different on the chance it works better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have read about people ordering liners from Pad a Cheek (supplier 31 in the supplier list), but I ended up making my own. It was fairly simple once I figured out a pattern. They have made a big difference on the comfort and fit of my mask. I rarely have any leaks now and can wear the mask for the duration of the night without having to remove it and dry it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks KSMatthew!

If you have it dialed in and it works, try something someone else suggested here....take the headgear and wash it in extremely hot water. Let it dry. I haven't tried it yet. Apparently the headgear was restored.

I would try replacing the cushion

My first mask was a nasal pillows mask named "Breeze". I used it for 5 years replacing parts as I broke them. Now i find that masks are better but don't last.

I recently set my treatment way, way back trying different full face masks. It took a while to restore my treatment using my long suffering N20 masks.

I find sleep apnea treatment with mask selection, and hearing treatment equally stressful.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have had a lot of good experience with F30i/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,664 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,674 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 121 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,945 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,295 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,722 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 362 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.