Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before
Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before
Hello, 
I got my Airsense 10 for her up and running. You might remember from this post. (well can't post links yet, but if you search for my previous post you will see my background). In short got a Airsense 10 for her on Craiglist, 1000 hours to help with my apnea. 

Woke up last night, about 1:45AM from getting breathless and fast heartbeat. Then peed then couldn't sleep for a while. Feel okay today considering I was up for a bit. I changed the setting after I woke up last night to max pressure 10, but looks like I didn't need to. I don't like high pressure (over 8) cause the mask leaks and wakes me up. I use a Amara full face mask medium, which is probably undersized but works for now.            
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before
Forgot to ask, what are these graphs illustrating and any recommendations on adjustments?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no expert, but the good thing is your AHI and AI numbers look great. Any idea why you woke up breathless with your heart racing? The first few days may take some getting used to. I wouldn't change anything right away.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Phil487,
Your AHI looks very good, and you really don't need to make any adjustments, as long as you're sleeping well.  The wake ups look to be from small leaks, probably from mask movement.  
May I ask how you "feel" using a minimum pressure of 4cm?  Some here would feel a bit "air starved", like sucking air through a straw.  

I do see some flow limitation, maybe caused from the lower pressure.  As I stated, you don't need to change anything, but I feel you would be more comfortable using a minimum pressure of 6cm, along with an EPR setting of 1 or preferably a minimum of 7, with EPR 2.  This may prevent flow limitation, Reras, and Hypopnea.  

When you repost your charts, please use the standard view for your screenshots.

We only need to see the following graphs:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limitation.

Set your display to the Standard view.  
(View > Reset Graphs > Standard)

Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
   * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
   * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12  
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Thank you!

As far as waking up the on the 13th at about 1:50AM (see the screen print), I remember waking up very breathless, heart racing and immediately took the mask off. So why didn't the machine prevent this and at least flag this? Afterwards, I raised the pressure on the machine to 10 as I really really didn't want this to happen again (turns out I didn't need to, I have since put it back to 8). It felt like apnea but looking at the graph I guess it wasn't? I ate some spicy chicken for dinner that day which might have caused this, but I was hoping I could start eating a less bland things for dinner once I got my machine and started using it.

I don't have the feeling of air starvation at 4, in a weird way I sort of enjoy going to bed at night and putting on the mask as my breathing feels very effortless. I don't have anything to post from last night as it was uneventful and I ended up forgetting to put my mask on after I peed in the middle of the night, but woke up fine (ate a bland dinner too).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2023, 12:19 PM)Phil487 Wrote: As far as waking up the on the 13th at about 1:50AM (see the screen print), I remember waking up very breathless, heart racing and immediately took the mask off. So why didn't the machine prevent this and at least flag this?

Could be a couple things.  Your graph shows flow limitation all night and around that time.
This could cause an arousal.  Look at your pressure graph... it's up and down continuously during the night.  FL will raise pressure even when no other events occurred.

If you want to prevent this, raising the minimum from 4 to 6 or 7 would be optimal.  
The way to control FL is to use EPR.

Summary:
Set minimum to 7cm
EPR at 2
Set the Ramp at 4cm (auto)

NOTE: I normally don't suggest ramp, but you may benefit from it.  

As I stated in my first post, you don't really need to change anything, but you may still
experience sleep disruptions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 174 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.