Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F30i life span
AirFit F30i life span
I am wondering, for those of you that also use this mask, how long you find it lasting before you have to replace it. It is on the pricier side of the masks I have tried and I find that I like it best, however, I've only been using it for 9 days and found it to be a little leakier last evening. I wipe it with a clean wipe every day and have washed all my masks weekly in soap and water as recommended. Just curious. TIA!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit F30i life span
I've used that F30i during Titration only, then given the mask afterwards. So I don't have any longevity info, as I'm still waiting to get the doc to choose the correct machine.

I'm sure others can help more about how long they last. I can say my F20 silicone cushion lasted at least 9 months with weekly washing. It did become less pliable and discolored to a yellowish tint. Since it never seemed perfect for me anyway, it didn't need to keep perfect seal because it couldn't from the start.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My F20 silicone mask was the first mask I tried and it leaked like crazy.  I used one at my in-hosp sleep study then this is the mask they sent me with my machine.  I then tried the Airtouch F20 foam mask and that was a little better.  I found the F30i after viewing a YouTube video and I like the fit much better.  I'll keep the F20 masks in case I need to use a full mask with a cold or something.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the Fisher and Paykel masks, first given during yet a different Titration was the F&P Simplus. I liked it quite a bit more than the F20. I then also ordered a F&P Vitera. These do have the forehead bar but the positive is it leverages better seal without high tension. They have RollFit bellows that allows for a bit of flex before the seal breaks. And again low tension, far less than ResMed F20 silicone or memory foam, and higher comfort and very repeatable. For me, not at all so on the ResMed's masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I have had the F30 (std version, not the "i") for about 2 months. My insurance provides a new mask seal every month. I wore the original for over a month, but started to get some increasing problems with leaking. I wash the mask daily with gentle soap and warm water as I have fairly oily skin and was concerned I might have problems if I wasn't diligent with the cleaning.

After the leaks increased, I switched to one of the new mask seals and noticed an immediate improvement in minimizing leaks. I don't think this answer will be consistent with many other users from what reading I've done on the forum, but that is my experience. Good luck. I'm still searching for the optimum mask for me...
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on SarcasticDave's opinion about Fisher & Paykel, I tried the F&P Brevida nasal pillows mask. I absolutely LOVE it, thank you Dave. For me, it seals easily and does not come loose during the night. My large leak is typically 0.00% to 0.01%. Very comfortable. Don't tighten too tight. Keep as loose as possible while providing an acceptable seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I replace my F30 mask after about two months usage, when leaks are becoming more irritating. With a new cushion, leaks disappear. I do wipe down my cushion with a baby wipe daily.

I agree with clownbell's comment about the F&P Brevida. It is a great mask, and a looser fit is better. I've been using it about a month now after I suddenly got tired of all the straps of the F30.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,234 1 hour ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,578 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.