Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit N30i mask OK for people with short head hair?
AirFit N30i mask OK for people with short head hair?
OK, hear me out. I was at the DME's office, and I tried the Dreamwear mask with the hose on top. I wasn't a huge fan of the hose on top because there was a strong pressure sensation on the top of my head. Right now, I have a very short haircut (a "number 0") so there's no "padding" on the top of my head wrt hair. 

Since there's no hair, it makes the top of my head obviously more sensitive. 

I did not like the Dreamwear too much (only tried for a minute or two at the DME's office on the lie back chair) because of the pressure, and it felt like it was louder. It was the nasal mask version (not the pillow, I think). 

I'm still in my 30 day period for mask exchanges. I am on the F&P Brevida due to recommendation here. It left my nostrils a bit sore this morning for a little bit, but once a seal was created, it was very quiet which is what I want.

I also HATE having the hose flop around everywhere, especially when I sleep on my sides and have to sleep on my left side (the CPAP is on my right side). Having to drag the hose and readjust the pillow (occasionally) wakes me up when trying to sleep on my side. 

I'm thinking with the head hose location, this may not be a problem? Otherwise, I will have to just spend the $60 for a hose buddy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit N30i mask OK for people with short head hair?
I use the Dreamwear Nasal cushion and I don't feel any pressure on the top of my bald head. I originally had the medium frame and it was little tight and left marks on my face. I got the Large frame and it made a huge difference for me even though the hose connection slides a little on the top but it works for me a lot better than the medium frame. I've been lucky and hardly never get a leak. It is louder but I'm used to it now and don't have any problems sleeping with it and the noise doesn't wake me up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2019, 06:36 PM)KobeT Wrote: I use the Dreamwear  Nasal cushion and I don't feel any pressure on the top of my bald head.   I originally had the medium frame and it was little tight and left marks on my face.  I got the Large frame and it made a huge difference for me even though the hose connection slides a little on the top but it works for me a lot better than the medium frame.  I've been lucky and hardly never get a leak.  It is louder but I'm used to it now and don't have any problems sleeping with it and the noise doesn't wake me up.

Thank you, this is good information. Perhaps I just have a weirdly shaped head, haha. The technician did say "yes, I can see why it might bother you" when he was inspecting the top of my head, so maybe it's just how it's shaped up there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Resmed N30I and I am bald. I really don't like the sensation of it on the top of my head. Although, the mask itself seems more comfortable than the N20 that I was using prior. I'm using a hosebuddy now, and that seems to make it better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the P10 for several years before recently switching to the Airfit N30i.  One problem I had with the P10 was the headgear would move around -- it moved more the longer my hair got causing seal problems at times. The N30i doesn't seem to care if my hair is longer or short.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not certain yet whether hair length and mask comfort are tied together. I guess I'll soon find out though as I'm planning on getting a buzz cut today. Nope this isn't an experiment. I'm just in need of a haircut and extra short is desired to simplify taking care of self.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2019, 08:05 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'm not certain yet whether hair length and mask comfort are tied together. I guess I'll soon find out though as I'm planning on getting a buzz cut today. Nope this isn't an experiment. I'm just in need of a haircut and extra short is desired to simplify taking care of self.

Coffee

Why does anyone pay for something they can do themselves with a cheap set of Wahl clippers?  Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't been to a barber shop in over 30 yrs. My wife takes care of that department. Although she is not a hair cutter by profession, she's self-taught. 

The fact that she does a pretty good job and the fact that I'm not all that particular when it comes to hair cuts, works out well.  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2019, 09:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 08:05 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'm not certain yet whether hair length and mask comfort are tied together. I guess I'll soon find out though as I'm planning on getting a buzz cut today. Nope this isn't an experiment. I'm just in need of a haircut and extra short is desired to simplify taking care of self.

Coffee

Why does anyone pay for something they can do themselves with a cheap set of Wahl clippers?  Dont-know

I'm with you there. Mine may be Wahl branded. I either use number 1 guard or no guard. Depends partly on the season I guess.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Wahl's are called Balding Clippers and that's exactly what they do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 8 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 462 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.