Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P-10 headgear issues
RE: AirFit P-10 headgear issues
Medicare coverage clarification:

When you get a new mask from the DME company the headgear is billed out separately than the mask. The package contains a "complete" mask setup. Broken down by codes (A7034-frame, A7035-headgear, A7033-pillow/cushion). Technically you can't get a "complete" new mask every 3 months due to the headgear only being able to be billed every 6 months.

If your DME company does do this, then if they were ever to be audited by Medicare they would be fined and have to reimburse Medicare for all the supplies that didn't meet the timeline. They probably just write off the headgear and don't bill that to Medicare.

As stated previous. mask now comes with little clips that supposedly help. Washing is also recommended. Cutting and resewing sounds like a good option...

good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2017, 09:22 PM)duffer54 Wrote: Yes, the headgear is lousy, there are clips that came with a new order recently, they came right off! I am thinking about cutting the straps and overlapping then sowing them back together.

I posted this awhile back. I hope it may help now.

[Image: P10%20Headstrap%20Mod.png]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The headgear is available separately from a number (most?) suppliers on the list for around $25usd.
My insurance/DME are such a pain to deal with that I end up buying much of my equipment myself.

What I need to do is once I get settled on a FFM that works, get my provider to approve that for the quarterly replacement, cheaper for me to buy P10 pillows than an F20 or Amara View!
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My mother uses F10 FFM and used to have issue with needing headgear before 6 months.  She was able to get rest of mask assy every 3 months though and headgear separately every 6 with Medicare. 
Policy is now changed and headgear comes with FFM assy every 3 months now for the last 9 months or so. Maybe has to do with how ResMed is packaging parts/assigning part numbers. 
Either way, never had issue with headgear 6 months and mask assy every 3 months for FFM. 
I'd keep asking for explanation.  Medicare allows you to get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My supplier threw in some small clips in case I needed them.  The theory is over time this minimal headstrap will stretch and therefore loosen.  To use the clips you pinch part of the strap that would be at the very back your head about 1/4 inch and place the clip over the joined section.  It holds.  If no clips then I'd recommend sewing.  Eventually I hope they offer a more substantial headstrap since for me the headstrap has never been the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem. The P10 has an elastic headband that is absurdly short-lived, so soft as to be useless within a very short time (a month or two. The cost of replacements is terrible given the quality of the elastics. Someone needs to make a better headgear for this otherwise decent mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I gave up on the P10 headgear a long time ago. I went to a sewing supply store and bought several meters of plain elastic - about 2cm wide. I cut the existing headgear off with a pair of heavy duty scissors. Then I cut a piece of the plain elastic just long enough to go around my head. I took the elastic and dipped the ends into a small can of clear varnish and let it dry, then took a sharp utility knife and cut slices in the varnished ends to make 'button holes.' I fitted these into the mask where I cut off the original headgear. My new elastic headgear lasts for months. The cut ends look sort of like this:

I didn't bother with an additional strap to go up over the head, as I found it useless. But you can make one with the elastic if you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much. I was wondering if something like that wouldn't work, so I'll have to give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some links to additional headgear hacks for the Airfit P10. Some members have used the Airfit N30 headgear with the Airfit P10. It fits the frame and has an adjustment that lets it be tightened. See images below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...adgear-Mod
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ifications

[Image: airfit-n30-cpap-mask-headgear-detail-vie...detail.jpg]
[Image: resmed-airfit-n30-nasal-mask-side-view_jpg_egdetail.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 85 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 129 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 194 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 237 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.