Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 For Her *IS* smaller than "not for her"
AirFit P10 For Her *IS* smaller than "not for her"
The head strap in the AirFit P10 "For Her" is smaller then the one in the non "For Her" kit.

Perhaps this was general knowledge, but my DME had told me that the only difference between the AirFit P10 "For Her" and the basic AirFit P10 was the sizes of the pillows included. So when they accidentally sent me the Plain mask kit at my 6 month refill, I thought "Good -- it'll give me a chance to try the Large nasal pillows without having to order one".

I did try the large size, and I might actually like it. I'm still deciding about that. But I've compared the mask strap, and there is definitely a 1.5 inch or 2 inch difference in the head strap length.

So if you need a smaller head strap length, try ordering the "For Her" kit. It's purple rather than blue. The nasal pillows are Ex Small, Small, and Medium. With the plain kit, the nasal pillows are Small, Medium, and Large and the strap is blue.

Right now, I am awaiting a call-back from my DME, to see if they will order me the brand new "mask clips", part number 62962 which somebody else told us about here. The alternative is to attempt to staple the blue headgear to a smaller size. So we'll see. Or perhaps I'll buy the clips myself, from one of the vendors on our list here.

ADDED: Or, apparently my DME could decide to resend the whole mask kit, and send me the AirFit P10 For Her kit, which they should have originally sent. So now I have a spare mask, barring only one slightly too long blue head strap! Wow! Plus, I got to try out the Large nasal pillows which I had wanted to try. Maybe I ought to buy a lottery ticket today too .....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 For Her *IS* smaller than "not for her"
My plain kit came with a purple strap so that may not follow through on all cases! (not that it matters :-) )
Post Reply Post Reply
Huh! Do you recall which sizes of pillows it came with?

There is a difference in the "For Her" MASK set (which is what I'm talking about) and the "For Her" machine itself (which I've never seen). I think one of those exists too. The "For Her" mask set comes with the Ex S, S, and M nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.. I'm home now and looking and you are right. The pillows are all smaller sizes, but there is absolutely nothing on the packaging or the materials with it that indicates it is "for her." And because I just got mine recently i checked the invoice that came with it. It doesn't mention anything about "her," but there is something scribbled next to the mask info. That may well indicate that it is for "her." Very odd that the packaging and documentation says nothing at all. Things that make you go hmmmm.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME is re-sending out the "right" package (their term), so I'll have both and can compare the packaging. I'll see if there is anything on it to indicate the difference.

I *will* be glad to have the correct size head-strap, as that's the part that stretches out and has to be hot-water rinsed to shrink it back, at least monthly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was lucky I got the smaller set of stuffs. I'm using the extra small pillow and the head strap is just this side of almost too big. All very odd because I do have quite the fat head Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

This is a pic of the package I received from the last time I ordered the whole package of P10's For Her. I haven't opened it yet, but it clearly says on the bottom right under AirFit P10 "Nasal Pillows System For Her". Under the ResMed name in bold letters at the top left the sizes in small grey circles say XS, S and M.

I have heard that the strap on the For Her is 1" shorter than the regular, but you may know differently. I just know that when I trialled the mask from my DME they gave me the regular one and it didn't work well-too many leaks. Now that I use the For Her my leak rate is almost nil, so getting the right fit is important.

This is what you should have received. Just FYI, I ordered from Supplier #18. I've used them twice. Their prices are good, staff on phone when ordering are friendly and helpful, and shipping is fast.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,001 3 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,127 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.