Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
Hi All

Just picked up a new AirFit P10 mask from my DME this morning. While disposing of all the packaging and the standard user guide enclosed in the box, I found an additional bag and document containing some bits of plastic. Seems ResMed, is trying to improve the fit of the P10 headgear, once the headgear become to lose due to wear & aging of the headgear material.
Will give the clips a try tonight, with an old & worn headband, to see if there is any improvement with leakage.

Attached some picks of the clips & instruction sheet:

;-> gjw

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
Well that's interesting. I've not seen those yet. I just wash mine in really hot water every few weeks and it shrinks right on back to original.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a faulty design.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2016, 11:14 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a faulty design.

How dare you disparage the awesome P10!! Don't make me throw down the gauntlet. 10 paces at dawn if need be.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last P10 I ordered (about 6 weeks ago) included the clips. Look good in the package, they were hidden under the pillows.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my first set of clips in a replacement mask back in August. I still have not needed them, so they are sitting in the drawer with the standby filters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same with me, I don't need the clips, as the P10 is awesome and fits me perfectly. like
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my P10 too. Set mine as loose as possible and no leaks. No need for clips. The other night, as I was waking up, I noticed my mouth wide open and still no leaks. I guess the young suck method really works.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the clips, sadly my romance with the P10 is coming to an end, I have leaks into my eyes that I cannot resolve, even with the clips, not sure if air is being force through the tear ducts, anyway, loved the P10 for nearly two years, but it seems my body has other ideas...full face mask?? Cool

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2016, 06:49 PM)storywizard Wrote: I use the clips, sadly my romance with the P10 is coming to an end, I have leaks into my eyes that I cannot resolve, even with the clips, not sure if air is being force through the tear ducts, anyway, loved the P10 for nearly two years, but it seems my body has other ideas...full face mask?? Cool

Storywizard

Have you tried larger/smaller size pillows? Made a big difference for me.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,161 45 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,130 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.