Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
RE: AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
These seems, more comfortable then my Simplus FFM use. I tend to open my mouth at some point in the middle of the night and the FFM gives me dry mouth, Granted last night was my first night with therapy, but i'm curious if this might be a better option in the future to prevent the extreme dryness
Post Reply Post Reply
Some will disagree, but most will agree, P10 is "THE" mask to have Smile
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2016, 09:24 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 01:25 AM)sonicboom Wrote: Don't despair. You can buy the clips separately if you need them. PM me if you want the link.

Thank you for the offer, I really don't need them, I just wanted to see them, and I feel unloved that I didn't get any Big Grin

Okay
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I just rediscovered this discussion board. Good to know.

I just tried the P10 last night. Hardly slept at all since I consider it so noisy. I hear every single breath I took! At 2 am I gave up and put my old full face Quattro Air for Her back on and fell asleep to quiet. I've been using the full face for years but I'm pretty sure my mouth breathing settled down since I breathe better through my nose (has surgery for deviated septum a while back) so I decided to give this one a try. why do people keep saying it's quiet? What am I doing wrong?

Oops I guess my old signature is on this - I'll correct it later but pressure was at 11-20 and it pretty much stuck around 11-12
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally I can't hear the P10 at all. It is so quiet that sometimes I have to breath through my mouth for a sec to see if it is blowing air!

The two times it has made noise I didn't have the pillow snapped in all the way. One of the ends was raised just a tiny bit. If that doesn't help try a different pillow, even if it isn't the right size, for few minutes and see if that makes a difference.

Is the vent clear? That's all I can think of...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I did check the pillow and it was in fine. I did try a larger size but that didn't help. I didn't check the vent but it's brand new? But I'll check that, just in case. Some mentioned it might be conducted noise so I'll check that too. I'll keep trying because I really want to get used to this.

Thanks for replying.
France
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2016, 12:07 PM)mcsheltie Wrote: Normally I can't hear the P10 at all. It is so quiet that sometimes I have to breath through my mouth for a sec to see if it is blowing air!

I so second this, I was thinking this when I read the noisy post. Thought to myself just the other night I had to open my mouth to even hear the noise..... I never hear the mask at all. The only thing that gets me every now and again is the diffuser blows some air on my hand or arm depending on my position. I just can't think of any time the mask makes noise.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2016, 11:20 AM)Frapilu Wrote: I just rediscovered this discussion board. Good to know.

I just tried the P10 last night. Hardly slept at all since I consider it so noisy. I hear every single breath I took! At 2 am I gave up and put my old full face Quattro Air for Her back on and fell asleep to quiet. I've been using the full face for years but I'm pretty sure my mouth breathing settled down since I breathe better through my nose (has surgery for deviated septum a while back) so I decided to give this one a try. why do people keep saying it's quiet? What am I doing wrong?

Oops I guess my old signature is on this - I'll correct it later but pressure was at 11-20 and it pretty much stuck around 11-12

So when do you hear the noise? Inhale, exhale? What kind of noise is it making?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2016, 10:55 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 11:20 AM)Frapilu Wrote: I just rediscovered this discussion board. Good to know.

It's both inhale and exhale. It's a whooshing (?) sound, the sound of breathing. If I cover my ears, I still hear it so it's almost like I'm hearing it from inside, not really an external noise. Sounds so strange but it's what it is. I lowered my pressure and its less but it's still there.

France
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2016, 11:01 PM)Frapilu Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 10:55 PM)Galactus Wrote:

It's both inhale and exhale. It's a whooshing (?) sound, the sound of breathing. If I cover my ears, I still hear it so it's almost like I'm hearing it from inside, not really an external noise. Sounds so strange but it's what it is. I lowered my pressure and its less but it's still there.

France

So you're hearing the sound of your own breathing, not the mask? I'm guessing the full face mask seals out your breathing from your hearing so you don't hear your breathing. I'll listen tonight see what I hear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,264 9 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 48 9 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,323 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,990 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 301 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.