Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
I just found out about these clips today. For anyone who uses the AirFit P10 and the elastic headgear is becoming loose, find these clips. My DME had them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 Headgear Clips
I have heard that washing and soaking them in very warm/(hot?) water will shrink them back to size. Mine are not old enough to need it yet.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if the headgear is not loose, the clips are a good thing to have. The headgear is not adjustable so it comes in handy if you have a smaller head size.
Post Reply Post Reply
You adjust the headgear by spreading or not spreading the two parts of the strap. Many people try to adjust the head gear so it is far tighter than it is supposed to be and end up with "piggy nose". The P10 is designed to be a very loose fit which seals by inflating the soft silicone cushion.

But, each to their own, if it works for you, then by all means do it.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 04:26 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: You adjust the headgear by spreading or not spreading the two parts of the strap. Many people try to adjust the head gear so it is far tighter than it is supposed to be and end up with "piggy nose". The P10 is designed to be a very loose fit which seals by inflating the soft silicone cushion.
I've got a tiny head. And yet, the P10 For Her's backstrap has always felt way too tight; regardless of how far apart I spread the straps I always seemed to wind up with piggy nose. And so I'd pretty much abandoned trying to use this mask.

But the last time I ordered a mask I really wanted to give the P10 another try. So I wound up ordering the "Not for Her" version of the mask with a slightly larger backstrap. And voila! if I spread the straps as far apart as possible, the mask is now appropriately "very loose" (just like my old Swift FX) and I don't get piggy nose any more.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 10:45 PM)robysue Wrote: I've got a tiny head. And yet, the P10 For Her's backstrap has always felt way too tight; regardless of how far apart I spread the straps I always seemed to wind up with piggy nose. And so I'd pretty much abandoned trying to use this mask.

But the last time I ordered a mask I really wanted to give the P10 another try. So I wound up ordering the "Not for Her" version of the mask with a slightly larger backstrap. And voila! if I spread the straps as far apart as possible, the mask is now appropriately "very loose" (just like my old Swift FX) and I don't get piggy nose any more.

Interesting, I am glad you got it to work for you! Do you by chance have a lot of hair? I only ask, because I always thought of myself as having a big head and I don't spread the strap very much to achieve a loose fit.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 02:46 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 10:45 PM)robysue Wrote: I've got a tiny head. And yet, the P10 For Her's backstrap has always felt way too tight; regardless of how far apart I spread the straps I always seemed to wind up with piggy nose. And so I'd pretty much abandoned trying to use this mask.

Interesting, I am glad you got it to work for you! Do you by chance have a lot of hair? I only ask, because I always thought of myself as having a big head and I don't spread the strap very much to achieve a loose fit.
I've got a lot more hair than the average middle-aged man. Smile But it's a normal amount of air for a 57 year old woman. My hair is not particularly thick, but it is shoulder length and curly.

I do like to wear my Swift FX for Her so loose that it's best described as "ridiculously loose" as in I can get two or three fingers under the top strap without any problem and I've got the back strap a lot looser than I did back when I started PAPing. And I still have high quality leak lines almost all the time. With the "Not for Her" strap on the P10, the P10 finally feels almost as "ridiculously loose" as my Swift FX, and that's made it much easier to sleep with.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 07:32 AM)robysue Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 02:46 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:

I've got a lot more hair than the average middle-aged man. Smile But it's a normal amount of air for a 57 year old woman. My hair is not particularly thick, but it is shoulder length and curly.

I do like to wear my Swift FX for Her so loose that it's best described as "ridiculously loose" as in I can get two or three fingers under the top strap without any problem and I've got the back strap a lot looser than I did back when I started PAPing. And I still have high quality leak lines almost all the time. With the "Not for Her" strap on the P10, the P10 finally feels almost as "ridiculously loose" as my Swift FX, and that's made it much easier to sleep with.

I completely agree, I found using a large pillow (Large) and the straps as loose as possible works best and is extremely comfortable. I think most complaints about the P10 are because people tend to try to tighten it up and use a small pillow resulting in piggy nose and shoving the pillows up into the nostrils which causes irritations.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME is clueless, They said everything with the mask is pre-packaged(think this is code for "I'm not listening very well."). Does anyone have suggestions for supply? I've done an internet search with the part number on the package with no luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 04:24 PM)T.Hud Wrote: My DME is clueless, They said everything with the mask is pre-packaged(think this is code for "I'm not listening very well."). Does anyone have suggestions for supply? I've done an internet search with the part number on the package with no luck.

Called Resmed. They said it was released in early April. It's so new their customer service rep didn't know what I was talking about (they said, "we could really use something like that because people complain about the straps") but they were able to look it up with the part number on the package (62962). We'll see if my DME will cooperate now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 8 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,120 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.