Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 Strap Issues
AirFit P10 Strap Issues
My Airfit P10 Strap became unusable after 6 weeks EVEN WITH CLIPS.  It stretched too much to stay in place.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Replacement straps cost about $25, which I pay for out of my pocket.  

Does anyone know of a more durable and/or adjustable strap for the P10?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 Strap Issues
I'm unaware of any adjustable headgear for the P10 that is commercially available.  You might try washing it and use heat to dry it. This will cause it to shrink some.  I have a drawing of a possible modification that uses Velcro cable wraps to make it adjustable.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I was wondering if anyone might sell a modified strap (or strap modification) as you suggest. 

Have you done so yourself?

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
I came up with this mod several years ago. Several members have used it. I haven't heard of any complaints.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you do decide to buy a new harness, you may want to consider getting the For Her version. It should be smaller. 

I suspect you are aware that the manual suggest move the two straps closer together to get a tighter fit. That said I find the whole thing is more likely to come off if I do that.

My thoughts on modification are a little cruder than crimson nape's. I was thinking of just cutting the straps, overlapping them and sewing them together with a big zig zag stitch.

I am only a week in, and it has come off the last two nights, so I guess I need to at least use the clips.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the cutting and sewing idea. It's easy enough.

The For Her idea is good, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I am only 6 weeks in, myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Toss the strap into the washer and dryer. Should shrink it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 04:00 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Toss the strap into the washer and dryer.  Should shrink it.

The last headgear I got came with a set of adjustable clips.  I see they are available for sale at assorted equipment providers now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  While the adjustable clips prolong the life of my strap, they only added 7-10 days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 41 6 hours ago
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 187 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,657 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 527 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,666 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 231 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.