Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 - can't breathe out
AirFit P10 - can't breathe out
I have try AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow Mask I can not breathe out, so I can not use it. Some one can advise me please..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 - can't breathe out
Try a different size of pillow, that can help.  Make sure you have it on right side up.  Try tilting the nose piece a bit up and down.  I had trouble breathing out when it was not exactly perfect.  When it lines up, it should be easy.  Also, check that nothing is blocking the screens.  I have heard of people poking holes in them or cutting small slits to improve the ventilation.  I don't think that was on a new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
i had one P10 that when it was brand new had that issue. I blew out hard against it a bunch of times and the issue resolved, now I can't tell which of my old P10's that was. None of the others have done it, though.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Chill is right about the pillow size. It seems that most people do best with the large pillow.

Is it hard to breath with it as soon as you put it on or after you have been wearing it a while? The first time I tried the P10 I had a problem breathing with it a few minutes after I went to sleep. It turned out to be condensation  on the screens. I had to increase my room temperature from 65 to 69 degrees F to resolve the problem. I was able to lower my room temperature back to 65 degrees after I started using a heated hose. A hose cozy may help as well.

Another thing to try is to pinch and roll the cones slightly between your thumb and finger to make sure the inner cones are not inverted. If an inner cone becomes inverted it can restrict the air flow and/or cause a leak.

I always pull the mask away from my nose and resettle it to make sure the cones inflate well and they are in the right position after I turn the machine on.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2017, 11:45 PM)gog1960 Wrote: I have try AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow Mask I can not breathe out, so I can not use it. Some one can advise me please..
If this is a new mask for you Make sure your putting it on correctly.
The recessed label with the Size letter needs to be on the bottom of the nose pillow when on your face.
If you put it on the wrong way you will have problems. I have done this several times.
Make sure your using the correct pillow size for your nose. if it's too small the air flow will be restricted.
After several months of use the Micro screen diffuser may become clogged.  
You need to use hot water,soap and a soft bristle brush to clean it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you, I will drill many small hole to get more exhaust, hope it can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gog, the machine is designed to maintain a set therapy pressure. If you drill holes you will certainly ruin the mask, and the pressure will not drop until you have so many holes that the leaks exceed the ability of the CPAP to maintain pressure. Maybe you need to use a lower pressure, or exhale pressure relief. What pressure is the machine reaching when you have trouble exhaling?

Your machine has pressure relief settings off, 1, 2 and 3. Please get the manual and try that before wrecking your mask. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 45 2,965 22 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,122 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.