Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 leak or no leak?
AirFit P10 leak or no leak?
There is no leak of my AirFit P10 reported in SleepyHead, or when I do the mask test directly from my ResMed 9, yet whenever I use it there is a very slight breeze that I feel on the palm of my hand, if I get it close to the mask.

Is this normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 leak or no leak?
Yes, it is normal.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine reports the "net leak" not the vent+leak rate. Philips Respironics machines will report both the vent+lean and the calculated leak. In your case, a zero leak simply means a good mask fit that results in a venting of air consistent with the estimated vent rate at a given pressure. Resmed machines automatically account for the vent rate when reporting leaks, while some other models report total leaks. In that case Sleepyhead has an algorithm to report total and net leak.

You can see how this curve is calculated in Sleepyhead by going to the menu, File/Preferences/CPAP There is a line there that shows how some machines calculate the unintentional leak. A help menu indicates this does not apply to Resmed machines when checked.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Totally normal
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 0 14 25 minutes ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 56 4 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 50 10 hours ago
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 78 Today, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,450 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,780 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.