Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pillow mask discomfort
RE: Pillow mask discomfort
Lanolin is found in the "new mommies" section.

My lanolin is not really a creme but more of an ointment, so it is thick, very similar to the consistency of petroleum jelly.
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-20-2014, 09:50 AM)sleepyCoder Wrote: Lanolin may be difficult to find.

This should be very easy to find sleepy. Just go to any drugstore, or big box store for that matter and ask where they keep the baby bottles and pacifiers and such as that.

You're looking for a product called HPA Lanolin.

This is the gold standard for those nose abrasions that you are getting.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can find a walmart you can find HPA Lanolin. Don't let the idiots send you to pharmacy it isn't there. It is in with the baby stuff. And when you can't find it there look for the baby bottles, and the breast feeding section it is in a box hanging on a peg hook. (In case you wondered, yes I just went through this. While in the store I even brought it up on my phone, and showed the eployees a picture of the item, but no one could find it.)

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
My lanolin was purchased for me by my wife is says: Lansinoh (brand or manufacturer), Lanolin, and then almost as a 'subtitle': "for breastfeeding mothers"

It's a heavy paste or grease, much heavier than most any lotion, creme, or similar skin ointment. Thicker than heavy grease for your car.

It's almost TOO thick since it can be a little bit tedious to spread.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the lanolin at a local cvs - thanks all.
Will try it tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really guys, as sleepycoder says, just look (or ask) at your local pharmacy or search Amazon:

Searching "Lanonlin" at Amazon popped the one my wife bought as the FIRST hit (even without isolating it to home or health care products etc.):

Lansinoh HPA Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers, 40 Grams
$7 plus shipping for 40 grams (the 150 gram version we have is a TERRIBLE VALUE unless the shipping on the small size is exorbitant.).

Found this item, LIQUID lanolin (100%), for $8.50 (all in from 100% seller):
Now Foods Liquid Lanolin Pure, 4 Ounce

1 oz = 28+ grams so 4 oz is a about 113 grams.

Note: LIQUID may be TERRIBLE for our purpose, but I am bit tired of fooling with that heavy paste and thought it worth trying.

I may use the paste when there is an ACTUAL PROBLEM and the liquid as more of a preventative most nights.
(Report to follow.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Lansinoh 1.41oz / 40 g $8.99 at Kmart $9.99 at Walmart. The issue is finding it in the stores as no one seems to know where they keep it lol.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 05:12 PM)Galactus Wrote: Lansinoh 1.41oz / 40 g $8.99 at Kmart $9.99 at Walmart. The issue is finding it in the stores as no one seems to know where they keep it lol.

Which is why I say ask where they keep the baby bottles and pacifiers. Everybody knows where that is. All else failing, ask where they keep the little rubber duckies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 159 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,876 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 455 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 664 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.