Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit P10 nasal mask fitting problems
RE: AirFit P10 nasal mask fitting problems
When you get those cute little air conditioning things going where one or even both of the pillows is blowing air someplace other than up you nosie, lift up gently on the pillow and allow it to reseat itself. I get these quite often in the morning too, but only in the right pillow. It makes me think I have a hole in my nose or something. I believe what causes it is too much skin oils on the cushion accumulating overnight. Anyhow, cleaning the pillows solves it until the next time. Maybe I should scrub up a little better at night. Anybody know if Lava soap is still being sold?

As to will you have to adjust the pressures a little higher? I think the jury's still out on that. You say your settings are at 5/15? Might want to slide the bottom end up a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so I thought I had a *bright* idea last night: I used a q tip and put a little of the Lansinoh cream all around the two openings of the mask. Instead of putting it on my nose. I'm using the cream as a seal, so it would make sense (to me) to put the cream directly on the mask. ??? Yeah, maybe not. Wondering if that was a mistake -- RG, you had mentioned too much skin oil.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2014, 12:00 PM)Clementine Wrote: Okay, so I thought I had a *bright* idea last night: I used a q tip and put a little of the Lansinoh cream all around the two openings of the mask. Instead of putting it on my nose. I'm using the cream as a seal, so it would make sense (to me) to put the cream directly on the mask. ??? Yeah, maybe not. Wondering if that was a mistake -- RG, you had mentioned too much skin oil.

The first time I used that cream (HPA Lanolin?) I did it strictly as the directions on the box indicated. That didn't seem to help anything. The next night I used just a tiny bit on the nostrils. That worked fine. But I was going after a nosie sore caused by my earlier mask. For sealing, I suspect it might help as well, although I haven't tried it just for that purpose. I think if it could contribute to the leak thing, then you would have noticed that when you first cranked up the air compressor last night rather than not noticing until this morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
It was recommended to me to clean my (face) nose with MILD soap and water before bed, apply a light moisturizer as usual, then apply the Lansinoh to my clean nares just before putting the mask on. If the facial cleanser is too harsh, it will dry your skin and cause it to produce more oil than a North Dakota fracking rig. (So, r_g, Lava bad.) And just a TINY dab of Lansinoh will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the help. Will try applying the cream directly to my "nosie" and not on the mask, and I will not slather it on . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
I have discovered that by cutting a cloth gasket mask liner the ResMask farts have a much lower tones altering from a tuba and oboe, and can be quiet soothing rather than the wailing and screeching of those horrible raw mask farts. Gasket doesn't help me all that much but the music is better.
Post Reply Post Reply
"The first time I used that cream (HPA Lanolin?) I did it strictly as the directions on the box indicated. That didn't seem to help anything."

LOL, just figured this out ....

yeah, it takes me a while. Esp with little sleep. LOL

Thx for the chuckle! Smile

I used just a tiny bit of the lanolin cream last night, directly on my nose and not on the mask. Seemed to work somewhat better. Still a little leaking when the pressure got high .... but not as bad. Machine was happy, anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
*thumbs up*
Post Reply Post Reply
urgh. Here I thought I had fewer leaks last night. Over 20. "5.52 above leak threshold." Sad that does not sound good. I only woke up once during the night with a leak and I shut off the machine/turned it on again to lower the pressure, then back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 10:07 AM)Clementine Wrote: Wow, I am frustrated. The medium mask pretty much sits outside my nose. The slightest movement I make moves the mask and creates leaks. So the large mask doesn't sound like the way to go. The small sat inside my nose and my leaks were less and my AHI was less -- but I can see that my nose may get sore after a few nights of the small.

Part of my leaking problem may be the tube, as I mentioned earlier. I get tangled up in it -- and yes, I'm using a hose buddy. Perhaps I do not have it situated correctly. For many nights I had it to my side; the last few nights I've had it up by the headboard -- but then I wake up to move the tube out of my face and switch it from side to side as I flip to my side .....

just ... ugh. So many itty bitty details to try to iron out so that this whole therapy works out . . . .

I just mentioned in another thread the difference between the lavender and blue masks. I successfully use the blue mask with size M pillows. There is a difference in length of the straps.

A hint for leaks....the mask is sensitive to movement causing leaks. I found the best solution is to have the hose under the covers. It will easily move with you. Once I placed it outside the covers it leaked all night.

I love this mask....and I have tried many. It is light and the exhale is quiet and does not blow a strong flow of air out...the part my husband likes!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,074 1 hour ago
Last Post: Domino96
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,007 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 320 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,972 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.